• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Top 3 Sleepers in your program....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Stow the elitist attitude.  It only makes you look silly. >:(

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest S.  Bien
Stow the elitist attitude.  It only makes you look silly. >:(

Just like overstating, or questioning the obvious!  

Read a depth chart, or roster if you've got a question. And if you think that's an elitist response then I'd love to know your perspective.  I am just disappointed that someone took the time to give me a 2 second lesson on football 101- chalk it up in the "No Sh** Sherlock" file.  

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

Read a depth chart, or roster if you've got a question. And if you think that's an elitist response then I'd love to know your perspective.  I am just disappointed that someone took the time to give me a 2 second lesson on football 101- chalk it up in the "No Sh** Sherlock" file.  

Come on!  We all know you have the best college football mind in the land.  ::)

Who would question you?

An elitist repsonse is the one where you're completely talking down to someone who isn't trying to pick a fight.  Freak was right that game experience is a totally different level than practice.

As for my perspective, it's not appropiate here.

Guest S.  Bien

An elitist repsonse is the one where you're completely talking down to someone who isn't trying to pick a fight.  Freak was right that game experience is a totally different level than practice.

As for my perspective, it's not appropiate here.

And my response was "No Sh** Sherlock," it's not like I need him, or anyone for that matter, to remind us about the obvious.  The same could be said about your two deep and some of your starters.  Every year a kid must get his feet wet before becoming a starter, and gain real game experience.  MY POINT, about Carlton was his experience, albeit exclusive to practice, is significantly greater than Gachette's experience.  Therefore the move makes sense.  Again, if we're going to spend all day trying to explain the obvious to one another then this board will get boring and annoying.

Guest FreaKnight-2

"The same amount as Jason Peters, Cory Hogue, Rocky Ross, Kevin Smith, Joe Burnett, Leger Douzable, Jordan Richards, Joe Weber, Ian Bustillo, Patrick Brown, LJ Anderson, Johnell Neal, Travis Barr, Joachim.

It was a relative comment, I am sorry you need that kind of helped to have it spelled out.  Don't be condescending to me Freak, I've been around this game a long time, Carlton Williams has just as much experience as any of those guys listed above on UCF's two deep, and some starters!

Let me help you out, and spell it out so you don't feel the need to respond with some obvious explanation.

WILLIAMS KNOWS HIS ASSIGNMENTS AND IS STARTING AHEAD OF GACHETTE BECAUSE HE'S BEEN PRACTICING AT SAFETY A LOT LONGER THAN GACHETTE.  GACHETTE MOVED OVER FROM QB IN THE MID-SPRING PRACTICE SCHEDULE AND THUS DOESN'T HAVE THE EXPERIENCE OF WILLIAMS.

I hope that makes it clearer, and eliminates your need to correct me, or give me some enlightening words of wisdom."

=======================================

S.Bien,

Here are some truly enlightening words of wisdom:

"Lighten up"

This thread is about sleepers and yes maybe I should have saw through that before I asked that question, but dang man, I didn't know how many games the guy played in.

I think the truth of the matter is that you are wound up real tight and have a nasty disposition.

Guest S.  Bien

That maybe it, or it could be that I often see UCF fans try to set us up with subtle off base comments as if to suggest an underlying issue.  I get a bit defensive when it comes to knights, it's hard to determine some of your intentions.

My comment was made to a Bulls fan who predicted Gachette would break out, but Williams leapfrogged him because of his experience practicing at that position.  Gachette just started at FS so his experience is limited, even if it is only practice.  I know, and you know, and everyone knows that practice is no substitute for games, but in this instance, when neither possesses ANY game time action Williams experience and knowledge of the position won out.

Had you asked me why Williams beat out Gachette then I would have explained it and been very open.  Telling me something that's clearly obvious just got me worked up.  

Seriously dude, this board is meant to not have you worry about fans from other schools taking shots.  That's what the other board is for.  Relax, toss up a cold one and enjoy as the college football season gets ready to kick off.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

That maybe it, or it could be that I often see UCF fans try to set us up with subtle off base comments as if to suggest an underlying issue.  I get a bit defensive when it comes to knights, it's hard to determine some of your intentions.

Funny how we have the same feelings for each other.

;)