• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congratulations To Coach Greenberg

Guest S. Bien

1) I love Seth he's my guy. (Before you make any jokes realize that  I have a gorgeous girfriend while you have soft hands and a bottle of Jergens)

2) RMC is cool too and I will continue to support him

That says it all.  Its 2004, stop living in the past, and day dreaming.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  0

Haha, Moises it is good to know you are doing well. Thanks for hollering at me.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Clearly this thread belongs on the Big East Discussion board

Exactly. I thought that was a given for these type threads ............... Positive or negative.

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

Can we move this thread to the Big East Board?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  100

Dmince,

That has to be the most ludicrous post of the year.  I don't really care what lubrication you & Seth use when you get together(I assume the Sheriff brings it).  HE IS NOT OUR COACH AND I/WE DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT HIM!!  

Also, I feel very sorry for you or anyone you know who considers SG to be your MENTOR.  This is the same guy who curses out and just about goes into the stands after Some of his own schools fans.  (Memphis game 2 years ago.)  The guy is a lunatic on the sidelines whenever he is in a pressure situation.

I loved Coach Mac's comments the other day about how he is having to undo what had gone on the past few years.  i.e. NO DISCIPLINE.  On and off the court.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Dmince,

That has to be the most ludicrous post of the year.  I don't really care what lubrication you & Seth use when you get together(I assume the Sheriff brings it).  HE IS NOT OUR COACH AND I/WE DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT HIM!!  

Also, I feel very sorry for you or anyone you know who considers SG to be your MENTOR.  This is the same guy who curses out and just about goes into the stands after Some of his own schools fans.  (Memphis game 2 years ago.)  The guy is a lunatic on the sidelines whenever he is in a pressure situation.

I loved Coach Mac's comments the other day about how he is having to undo what had gone on the past few years.  i.e. NO DISCIPLINE.  On and off the court.  

If you don't want to read about him, don't read the thread!  If you read it, its not daves fault.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

I am sorry if I have ripped Seth since he has left USF. I just get a feeling that so-called USF fans are not behind Coach McCullum right now. I get the feeling that some of you would rather have Seth here at USF then Coach McCullum. I wish Seth well, but I still would love to see USF beat a program coached by Seth by at least 20 points for his comments that he made while he left. I have always said that I will not be impressed with Seth until he wins an NIT or NCAA game in his coaching career. Seth is a coach that will win around 18 games and have his program on the bubble each season. When push comes to shove, Seth will just blow it because he just cant coach that good. I tried to believe in Coach Seth for 7 years, but I realised that he is just too stubborn to be a good coach. He kept playing that gimmick offense such as the 1-3-1 while other teams were adjusting to our style of play. It was not surprising that we would lose down the stretch each season even with our good teams at USF. Seth had a recruiting class ranked 25th in the nation at USF when he recruited Waldon. Seth also had the 38th ranked recruiting class in the nation when he got Kelvin Brown. Recruiting is one of Seth's strong assets, but coaching X's and O's ruins him as a coach. If Coach Seth does not do anything with his high ranked recruiting class then recruits will stop coming just like what happened at USF under Seth. Sure, Seth can blame USF for his failure right now, but I can tell you that he will be exposed pretty soon at VA Tech in the ACC. Hopefully, Seth can buy him another few years at Miami, so that he can maybe through USF a bone.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I'd love to play seth and beat him by 20 too, i'd love to beat any coach by 20.

I'm happy we have Mac... but I see no reason to hold a grudge as so many people have been.  Seth did enough good for USF basketball to be worthy of some people liking him, or posting about him, and those that don't like him, just bite your tongue and post about something else.  

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  159

VG and Dmince are voices of reason.  

They simply state that Seth did a lot for USF, only had one losing season.  Yet, we have one of the lowest basketball budgets in CUSA (next to Southern Miss, I BULLieve)!!!  RM has my total support and everyone's support on here as well.  However, Seth got a bad rap here and it was a good move for him to leave both personally and professionally.  Yet, we should also be happy to have a former coach doing very well on a larger stage.  

Guest S. Bien
VG and Dmince are voices of reason.  

They simply state that Seth did a lot for USF, only had one losing season.  Yet, we have one of the lowest basketball budgets in CUSA (next to Southern Miss, I BULLieve)!!!  RM has my total support and everyone's support on here as well.  However, Seth got a bad rap here and it was a good move for him to leave both personally and professionally.  Yet, we should also be happy to have a former coach doing very well on a larger stage.  

Seth got a bad rap?  Come on, I don't hate Greenie, although I thought the recruiting thing on Dowdell was a little backstabbing.   A lot of Seth's issues he placed on himself...  He had been trying to get out of Tampa for 3-4 years, but had no luck.  

Seth did a lot of good for us, but he certainly doesn't deserve us to declare him a saint, or annoint him as a hero.  I appreciate that Seth kept us competitive, and his ability to motivate fans.  On many occasions he embarrassed us, and all to often his teams underachieved.  It was completely the right time for Seth to go, actually the previous year would have been better for all parties including USF's.

Most should be indifferent with his departure.  His time to go was so obvious it shouldn't be bitter for either side.