• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Smazza..Don't read (Culpepper related)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Vick, while he is a menance running the ball, has proven to be anything but a accurate QB.  Daunte, however, is very accurate, but like Vick, sometimes tries too hard to make something out of nothing.

In this day, an accurate QB is better than one who can just run around.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Let's see how he does without Randy Moss and a questionable running game. Too bad Culpepper can't spend the prime of his career with a real coach. Tice is just terrible.

Vikings were 2nd in the NFL last year with 4.7 yds per carry....except that the Vikes didn't run the ball as often as they should (less then 400 yds per carry while many other teams ran 500 and 600 plus attempts).

Many "unknowns" this year for the Vikes...but if their defense can play "decent", that should help them win 10 plus games this year.

KL

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

The average draft position for Culpepper in fantasy football is way down this year.  Moss might have had a bad attitude, but his replacements don't have half his talent.  Next year, the Vikes will make a trade for a better receiver if the kid from USC they drafted in the first round doesn't show some sparks.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236

Culpepper will be better this year, sure the big play might be taken away, but Daunte showed last year he knows how to spread the ball around.  The scary thing about Daunte this year is, he will have the ball more.  The Vikings finally found a way to improve the defensive talent on the team.  

I don't think losing Moss is that big of a deal, he was a distraction that was not worth it, plus, this Williamson kid out of USC is going to cause problems for defenses.

Oh and Leftwich is a joke.  This will be his last season as a starter.

Nate Burelson(sp?) proved to be a big play threat and while not quite a force like Moss is, he will be able to carry the load.

Guest S.  Bien
Vick, while he is a menance running the ball, has proven to be anything but a accurate QB.  Daunte, however, is very accurate, but like Vick, sometimes tries too hard to make something out of nothing.

In this day, an accurate QB is better than one who can just run around.

SO!  Vick wins, Leftwich wins....I don't care if Vick throws one pass a game, and runs for 200 yards a game.  If his team wins all their games that way and make it to the conference championships then he's a great QB in his own right.  Athletically Joe Montana had nothing on Culpepper but don't ever mention them in the same breadth at this point.

Culpepper deserves every dollar he receives at the Vikings because he makes that team that much better with him on the field.  However, he's got to win.  Vick is great because he does things that allow his team to win.  Last year Atlanta's offense was good but it was Vicks amazing scrambling ability that made them better.   Leftwich is a superb QB, he's got a cannon for an arm, and the team really responds to him.  

The NFL doesn't give trophies for the best passer or runner.  Win games and championships that's how you are remembered.

Guest S.  Bien
Culpepper will be better this year, sure the big play might be taken away, but Daunte showed last year he knows how to spread the ball around.  The scary thing about Daunte this year is, he will have the ball more.  The Vikings finally found a way to improve the defensive talent on the team.  

I don't think losing Moss is that big of a deal, he was a distraction that was not worth it, plus, this Williamson kid out of USC is going to cause problems for defenses.

Oh and Leftwich is a joke.  This will be his last season as a starter.

Amazing, all it took was losing O'Leary.

;D  Sorry, couldn't resist that one was just sitting there begging to be taken.  

Well, they did better with the same talent with O'Leary than after he left.  The 2004 defense was downright awful.  They made my Browns(who gave up 58 to Cincy) look good.

Atlanta is a more well rounded team than Minnesota.  They have a great running game with Dunn and Duckett(and Vick) and a good line for protection.  Crumpler is awesome and while they have no big playmakers, their WRs are ok.  Minn has a very suspect O-Line and their running game is mediocre at best.  I'm sorry, but their best RB keeps getting suspended and Michael Bennett is their starter now.  That's not much of a team.  Also, Minnesota's defense was so bad, they could put 28, 35 points on the board and still lose.  Atlanta has a good defense that help keep games in control.  That's why I still put Daunte over Vick.

Guest S.  Bien
Well, they did better with the same talent with O'Leary than after he left.  The 2004 defense was downright awful.  They made my Browns(who gave up 58 to Cincy) look good.

Atlanta is a more well rounded team than Minnesota.  They have a great running game with Dunn and Duckett(and Vick) and a good line for protection.  Crumpler is awesome and while they have no big playmakers, their WRs are ok.  Minn has a very suspect O-Line and their running game is mediocre at best.  I'm sorry, but their best RB keeps getting suspended and Michael Bennett is their starter now.  That's not much of a team.  Also, Minnesota's defense was so bad, they could put 28, 35 points on the board and still lose.  Atlanta has a good defense that help keep games in control.  That's why I still put Daunte over Vick.

The O'Leary thing was a joke.

As for comparing Atlanta, you're arguing semantics, 6 and half dozen one way or the other.   Atlanta wasn't that great, last year their receivers were average at best, their running game was good but Duckett got hurt.  THe one consistent thing that won games was Vick.  He's a crappy fantasy league player but a wonderful winner.  

I mean you've got a point if you say Tom Brady looks great because he's surrounded by greatness while Culpepper is not.  True, albeit I don't necessarily agree, but true, however Vick, and Leftwich, despite somes reluctance to give Byron the props he deserves, make their teams better- hands down.  Neither are necessarily surrounded by greatness other than the fact they both have better coaches running the show than Culpepper has.  Minnesota has a good running game, but they've just got bad coaching.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  442

I won't debate the vick makes his team better point, because he does.  But Leftwich?  How many playoff games has he lead Jacksonville to?  The story on him, he is struggling again this year in training camp.  IMO this is his make or break year for showing he even deserves to be a starter.