• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF defeat of SMU video roundup - highlights, comments

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Days Won:  0

Manderson had a couple of decent games.  Not a great loss really.   Loss of Yetna, on the other hand, was really big. Wouldn't surprise me if Scekic leaves.  He just doesn't appear to have the feet and flexibility to compete at this level.  They face the same problem next year that they had this year---players other than Collins and Martin will be unfamiliar with each other and it will take time to gel.  But I trust this coach to recruit good kids who want to win and have self-discipline.  The three kids that signed already are a cut above what we've been getting the past five years and consistent coaching can do wonders.  We really had no inside game this year.  Not the coaches fault.  Finishing strong should provide an argument to potential recruits that USF is building something.  Reason for hope.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Just have to remember that "this team" we're seeing ending the season is going to look a lot different going into next year ... with the biggest hole at the 5, and I never thought I'd ever be saying that about losing Manderson. Our returning "bigs" will be Scekic and Martin, and Martin's a lot better suited at F. Hopefully Scekic has an epiphany like Manderson had .... he's been pretty disappointing after the build up. Durr's going to need to hit the court running to have any hope of your doable .500

I mean they'l be returning 3 starters as I expect Martin to start next game.  Manderson has not really had a good season, he's had a couple of decent games but he will not be missed.  We get Yenta back and he's really good.  This team will keep improving and will likely be better than this years team by at 5 or 6 games.  Between Collins, Yenta, and Martin this team has will have weapons.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

16 minutes ago, Buddha said:

They face the same problem next year that they had this year---players other than Collins and Martin will be unfamiliar with each other and it will take time to gel. 

Still a problem but not quite as big as this year. Going into preseason practices you only had 4 players familiar with each other but unfamiliar with the playbook .... and only 1 1/6 of them had actually played in a game together. Next year you've got 7 players familiar with each other and the playbook ... and 4 have played together in a game. Not ideal but still not the same problem as coming into this year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

5 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I mean they'l be returning 3 starters as I expect Martin to start next game.  Manderson has not really had a good season, he's had a couple of decent games but he will not be missed.  We get Yenta back and he's really good.  This team will keep improving and will likely be better than this years team by at 5 or 6 games.  Between Collins, Yenta, and Martin this team has will have weapons.  

Manderson improved as the season progressed and will definitely be missed unless Scekic really steps it up, especially offensively or Durr comes in and plays beyond his years, like Collins did. We'll definitely have weapons on paper, especially if Langston signs, and we can hope it translates to the court .... which would be a refreshing change.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

More kids with the last name Collins. Or we need a Williams and Jenkins combo (worked wonders for football and WBB). 

• Upvote 1