• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thoughts on game one of the Fordham Series.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Disappointing loss here with the ace on the mound and a team we should have beaten, but not all negative.

Thought we gave up the two runs instead of them earning them. Seems like we got a little flustered when they got a runner in scoring position. Looked like there were issues with the signs and then we threw a ground ball away with two outs to let the runner score. 

I'm not too concerned about the lack of offense tonight. We hit a lot of balls hard that just didn't find any grass. Phillips almost tied the game in the ninth, but the LF made a great play, which was a common theme tonight--we just didn't catch the breaks. The Fordham pitcher threw pretty well and did a good job working from ahead, forcing our hitters to fight up-hill battles. 

McClanahan threw a solid six innings, striking out nine, and only allowing the two unearned runs. However, the biggest positive for me tonight was Cruz, in relief.  He gave us three innings, with two hits and no runs, while striking out four. We were all wondering about the pen this season and he looked really good tonight. He would have bridged the gap perfectly to Perez, had we provided the run support. 

Overall, I always want to see the Bulls win and we do need to start putting more numbers in the W column. Unfortunately, it just wasn't our night, but I am confident we will take the next two games. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

We hit a lot of balls hard that just didn't find any grass.

Fordham fan:

USF's Darek Sharp reply:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

Fordham fan:

USF's Darek Sharp reply:

It really wasn’t their night. I remember in the bottom of the eighth we hit two line drives right at them they caught, them in the top of the ninth, they hit two identical balls that were about ten feet away from where we hit them and were hits. Just summed up he night for me. 

Edited by BrassBulls12