• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Breakdown: Quarterback  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

Beastie...

I did start my post with: "First, let me say that I still have doubts about PJ."

As a fan, I feel like I am a rock climber hanging perilously high up a rock face... my post was just an attempt to find any finger and toe holds I could use to feel a bit more secure...

---

You know... silver linings... a half full cup... that sort of thing.

Unlike smazza, LOB99, you, and a few others - I am trying hard not to be pessimistic about the coming season... yes, I might get my hopes smashed to bits... but it's better to have hoped and lost than to never have hoped at all...

:-)

I basically love to feel the same way you do, Jim, but the mistake I made was watching the Spring game. I'm having a reeeaaaallll hard time not being pessimistic if PJ is our starter. He did do some decent stuff last season and I would have hoped to have seen a progression in the Spring game. It wasn't there. My only hope is that the defense has improved enough to win games for us .......... Beastie's 4-7 looks pretty **** good to me until I see some games and marked improvement.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

I have to go back to what I heard Leavitt say last year about Denson being a Blackwell and then some.  I have to think he is just keeping PJ as the "starter" until the last week of practice to not only push Denson harder but also keep psu in the dark.

PJ may in fact start just to let Denson get the jitters of 100k fans out before bringing him in.  I highly doubt PJ is our QB this season though.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Denson played in front of large crowds at Auburn.  If anyone is getting the jitters in front of a big crowd it's gonna be PJ.  We've all seen what he's done in big road games.  NADA.

I was hoping CJL was projecting PJ as starter as a coverup aw well.  However from what people on this board have seen, it appears that PJ is MILES ahead of Denson.  If that is the case then that is really sad.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

did denson actually see the field @ Auburn?  

Guest S.  Bien

I basically love to feel the same way you do, Jim, but the mistake I made was watching the Spring game. I'm having a reeeaaaallll hard time not being pessimistic if PJ is our starter. He did do some decent stuff last season and I would have hoped to have seen a progression in the Spring game. It wasn't there. My only hope is that the defense has improved enough to win games for us .......... Beastie's 4-7 looks pretty **** good to me until I see some games and marked improvement.

Everyone should be pessimistic of PJ, but that doesn't mean we should give up on the kid.  He needs to prove himself but he is a tremendous athlete and capable of improvement.  He was only a sophomore last year and still quite raw.  

Let's give the kid a chance before condemning his future.  I said this early in the spring that he was a tremendous athlete and still may start but was chastized.   The coaches will only start the best athlete, case closed, so if PJ is it that's it.

As for the reference to Gaunt, and Blackwell.  First, I don't think many of you realize how raw Blackwell was when he got the nod ahead of Gaunt in the SDST game.  He got the nod not because he was the better QB but because Gaunt froze up and didn't execute in SDST.  We didn't have enough good athletes on offense for a pure pocket passer.  Gaunt wasn't that bad there just wasn't enough athletes at the time to allow him to flourish as a pocket passer.

Denson never played at Auburn.  He redshirted his first year, then in the spring and start of fall practice he was running on defense.  They moved him from QB to CB in the fall of his first year so he barily did much at QB at Auburn other then execute scout team offenses on occasion.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

pj doesn't have it

it isn't a question of giving up on him

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

If there has been improvement in  pj, it has to have come after the spring game.  There was no evidence of it there.

I still remember Leavitt's eyes light up when he was talking about Denson.  Hard to believe he could not beat out pj.  I think we'll see soon.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

Beastie...

I did start my post with: "First, let me say that I still have doubts about PJ."

As a fan, I feel like I am a rock climber hanging perilously high up a rock face... my post was just an attempt to find any finger and toe holds I could use to feel a bit more secure...

---

You know... silver linings... a half full cup... that sort of thing.

Unlike smazza, LOB99, you, and a few others - I am trying hard not to be pessimistic about the coming season... yes, I might get my hopes smashed to bits... but it's better to have hoped and lost than to never have hoped at all...

:-)

classic!

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

Denson played in front of large crowds at Auburn.  If anyone is getting the jitters in front of a big crowd it's gonna be PJ.  We've all seen what he's done in big road games.  NADA.

I was hoping CJL was projecting PJ as starter as a coverup aw well.  However from what people on this board have seen, it appears that PJ is MILES ahead of Denson.  If that is the case then that is really sad.

let's not forget we all thought the ttech game was a cover with a vanilla offense...well it did not change all year it sucked!  

so show me da QB!