• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone have picture of flag-raising?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

Does it really cost $1000 to fly a flag? I mean, I don't care if they fly it or not, I just have to know how that figure was arrived at. Is this one of those military-industrial $200-toilet-seat things?

First, we would want a solid flag pole that is taller and of higher quality than your average home pole...

Second, consider that a contractor would have to drill the hole for the pole, pour the cement foundation, and hoist the flag pole...

$1000 or so is about right... a typical homeowner's pole is around $500 if s/he installs it him/herself...

If this was done at the athletic facility, you would have to include some minor landscaping as well ... perhaps a plaque thanking the donor...

$1000 might be low, as BullHEADED said...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

First, we would want a solid flag pole that is taller and of higher quality than your average home pole...

Second, consider that a contractor would have to drill the hole for the pole, pour the cement foundation, and hoist the flag pole...

$1000 or so is about right... a typical homeowner's pole is around $500 if s/he installs it him/herself...

If this was done at the athletic facility, you would have to include some minor landscaping as well ... perhaps a plaque thanking the donor...

$1000 might be low, as BullHEADED said...

But it's a darn good idea .......... wonder if it's feasible if someone ponied up the money?

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Gary he probably means $1000 for a 4th flagpole to fly the flag on. That might even be a conservative price for a quality pole completely installed.

OK, I can believe that. I thought he was saying it costs $1000 just to fly it, even if you already have the flag, and the pole, and the rope, and someone to hoist it up.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Honestly, that doesn't make sense and, in fact, you've made it worse....how can they have a flag-raising with no flag and now where to put it?   What is this "Bullywood" - just special effects?

This is getting crazier - I suggest before a vein pops out of your temple - you just let it go.

It wasn't like they didn't know for months USF was joining the Big East.  To make these kind of excuses only makes it look worse...

Let's just stop here.

What I meant (by the bonified flag comment) was the flag wasn't intended for constant flying.  I understood it to be a vinyl/plastic flag was simply to raise for a few moments of symbolism and wasn't very durable or meant to fly from a flagpole.   Also, as I had stated before, there is/was no place for it to continuously fly.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  157

Ya know what....

I think that we should buy our own **** flag pole.  And with all the people here im sure some one has cement and I have a shovel.  Why dont we all get togther drink some beers, dig a hole, ask Wollard if we can borrow the flag for a day or two to take some pictures.

Or better yet maby they have plans to put up a flag pole out side the athletic center and have not gotten around to it due to the lack of time.  But wait this is   USF athletic dept so maby that will happen in a year or two.  

Who know what they were thinkin. We are in the Big East no matter if we have a flag or not.  Its not really gunna change the fact that were gunna kick some Big East ass.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Well, Flag Day was actually last month  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

I guess they read this board. :)

NICE FLAG!