• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Q&A with Jim Leavitt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

Well, I don't know exactly which days or times. I happened to be going for a long walk and saw them a little after 5 PM. They were practicing on the field off to the right rear of the new athletic facility. They have painted football ines there now. I guess I could have gone inside the fence but there were only players there. So, I watched from where all the recycling dumpsters are located on the 50th street side.

At first various QB's were practicing throwing to receivers and then they had 7 on 7 games.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Howie,

What time do they work out and where can you watch? I would be interested in stopping by if you tell me when/where.

Thanks.

I've caught them in the mornings just going in around 9 ...

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  827

Well, I don't know exactly which days or times. I happened to be going for a long walk and saw them a little after 5 PM. They were practicing on the field off to the right rear of the new athletic facility. They have painted football ines there now. I guess I could have gone inside the fence but there were only players there. So, I watched from where all the recycling dumpsters are located on the 50th street side.

At first various QB's were practicing throwing to receivers and then they had 7 on 7 games.

Please let us all know how Denson and Hill look on the field. I have never seen Denson or Hill on video or in person. Do they have fluid mechanics, strong arms, nice touch etc.

Just curious what to expect when we see them on the field for the first time!

Go Bulls!

ScoutTV - Carlton Hill (QB)

By Jamie Newberg National Recruiting Analyst

Date: Jul 5, 2005

Who will be the starting quarterback for the South Florida Bulls this upcoming season? Could it be incoming freshman Carlton Hill? He has looked dazzling in some off-season workouts and here are a few video clips from his senior season.

Carlton Hill is an incoming freshman quarterback from Monticello (Fla.) Jefferson County High School. Hill, 6-4 and 213 pounds, was the No. 13 rated quarterback in the land according to Scout.com and a four-star recruit.

Hill is a super athlete. Some schools like Miami wanted him as a wide receiver but he wants to play the QB position. Hill has excellent instincts in the pocket as he can "feel" the pressure and make a play with his arm or legs. He has good size, speed and quickness and a fantastic arm. Like any other incoming quarterback from the high school ranks Hill is raw and needs to work on all aspects of the fundamentals of the positon. But there is a ton of upside there.

Speaking of upside, the Hurricanes could have been right in projecting Hill higher as a wide receiver. To compliment his size and speed Hill has shown great hands playing that position part time in off-season workouts.

Only time will tell what position he ends up playing but one thing is certain, look for Bulls Head Coach Jim Leavitt to get this talent on the field this season.

As a senior, Hill finished the season 6-6 and passed for 1,764 yards on 144/268 with 20 touchdowns. He also had 145 carries for 1,191 yards and 12 touchdowns.

http://southflorida.scout.com/2/392870.html

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

Looks like he's wearing #34 in the Scout picture...  I guess its just a practice jersey

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Funny how he says he'll be competing with CD for the starting QB position.  He doesn't even mention Julmiste as a possible threat even though he's the incumbent for basically the past 2 seasons.  Wonder if our coaches let him in on a little secret during the recruiting process.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

You are always number 1 until you lose the position.  It just seems as if it is a given that this will happen in the fall.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

Where does Hill say he'll be competing with Denson?

Where does Hill say he'll be competing with Denson?

That was in a quote from Hill in a January article on Scout. Right now their stories are free for a limited time.

Hill knows he has a chance to become the No. 3 quarterback on the roster if he were to choose UM.

"I could be No. 3 the day I get there," he said. "They would give me a chance to challenge those guys. They've never really played. At South Florida, though, I'd be competing with Courtney Denson to be the starter."

http://miami.scout.com/2/345901.html