• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Recruit declared ineligable & Schaeffer update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

The guy lied to you about schaeffer... end of story ::)

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

Hey,

I just got back from  ( puke) a one day trip to Orlando and UCF.  I spent some time with a UCF player (no names mentioned) and he told me a few interesting things.

1) He said it was a done deal that Schaffer was coming to UCF?  I was surprised to hear that, as I thought he wasn't allowed to go there.

2) He told me O'Leary is highly overated and is never around.  He did praise the positional coaches however.

3) He also blantly bragged about freebies and hook ups...interesting stuff.

I don't post often and don't really care about the other boards but I thought this was interesting stuff.

Go Bulls

What sport did the guy participate in???  

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I heard it was Ping Pong.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

He plays the sport of acting like he knows what the heck he's talking about when he really doesn't.  A common sport on the ucf campus.

Guest S.  Bien
Agreed, I think the way most look at it as a bonus if he signs with us now.  Not that it is imperitive that he signs with us as was the case when he was being recruited.

As for Spires being declared ineligable, thats too bad but at least we are stocked at the LB position.  Its nice to see he wants to come back to USF in 2 years.  

Also, as far as I know this is the first confirmed recruit from this years class declared ineligable.  And the only confirmed recruits declared eligable are Carlton Hill and Matt Grothe.  

I know Ismael Grant was not supposed to qualify, but there was never any confirmation on that as far as I can remember.  Does anyone know of a list somewhere of the prospects that met eligability requirements?

Spires was always known to be a potential academic casualty.  I was told that he was going to be a late enrollee in December, I guess he decided to go to JC instead.

As for who we know came from Pearl River....we just signed a player from Pearl River---- hello, mcfly....Geno COleman.   And Schaeffer isn't coming to UCF, even if he could have gone there.  

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

It was a football player.  That is why I was so surprised when he told me.

Who knows...just thought it was interesting to get some unbiased info from the team.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we have a pattern of recruiting spires type kids so it is no surprise

schaeffer who?

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,521
  • Days Won:  10

Almost every major college program has the same 'pattern', then, since most have one or two academic casualties per recruiting class.

Guest S.  Bien
we have a pattern of recruiting spires type kids so it is no surprise

schaeffer who?

The reason it seems like a pattern is because it was intentional.  There was a reason the coaches recruit guys like him, because they've got room and he's an impact player so if he becomes eligible it will be a huge bonus; if not then send him to JC where he will probably return ala Gene Coleman.  It's better than ignoring him, and then watch him go to JC and two years later a school like Tennessee picks him up and didn't consider USF because we ignored him coming out.  By the way, be prepared because Ishmeal Grant will be suffering the same fate.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

When are some Bulls fans going to realize  that kids not qualifying and getting in trouble is the nature of the beast in big time college athletics.  If you don't like this then don't follow college sports.  In Atlanta the newspapers are going crazy because something like 12 players from UGA have been arrested between last season and now.  If the best teams in the country are having these types of problems what makes you think we wouldn't?  

Blame the parents/society, not college football programs looking to make money.