• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Unbiased Bonds post

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Finally found an unbiased Bonds message on ESPN....had to post it....

"This post illustrates the vast ignorance/bias/stupidity on both sides of the argument. First of all, any Bonds supporter who says that steroids will not provide an advantage is ignorant or delusional. Of course it will. If you take somebody who is one of the premiere BB players of all time and increase his power output by, let's say, 10%, you have a monster.  

On the other hand, Bonds haters resort to complete lies and unsubstantiated B.S. to make their point. He did NOT put on 35 pounds in a year. Complete lie. Anabolics do NOT improve your eyesight, or lead to significant skin color changes. Show me one respectable scientific link proving otherwise. And, as a former competitive powerlifter who is very familiar with the benefits and side effects, do not hit me with the B.S., "If you would know anything about steroids...". You are spouting crud when you say things like this.

Finally, to take knee surgery and resulting infection on a 40 year old athlete as 'proof' of steroids is simply laughable"

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

Good post for the most part, however I dont believe that you can use this statement as an argument on either side.

Anabolics do NOT improve your eyesight, or lead to significant skin color changes. Show me one respectable scientific link proving otherwise

I could counter with "show me one respectable scientific link that disproves it."  The fact is that scientific proof doesnt really exist because you cannot perform experiements on a human being. So someone saying steroids does improve eyesight is just as ignorant a statement as someone saying it doesn't improve eyesight.  Both in fact have no idea or scientific data to back up thier claims.  

The only ones who would know for sure would be the steroid users themselves I presume, and I don't believe they will be telling us anytime soon.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i am looking fo drugs to make me a better lawyer

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We all are.   ;D

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

See if you can find some to make you a better speller, too.   ;D

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

That is a good post.  I never remember anyone talking about skin color or eyesight.  

I always talked about muscle mass, head size, and power.

I don't know what his weight was before the steroids, but it isn't absurd to say he was over 35 lbs lighter.  That might not have all happened in 1 year, but it did happen.  He's probably 80-100 lbs heavier now than he was as a Pirate.