• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

USF is #6 in Win/Loss percentage in NCAA Division 1 Baseball.  Reminds me of football.  Neither team won the league but I think both baseball and football were the best teams in the league.  While it sucks to lose, gotta hand it to the baseball team...Great Season.  

40 Wins

Multiple Rankings throughout the season

Beating UF and FSU on the road in the same season

Taking 4/6 from the Tinmen

19 Game Win Streak

Alot to be proud about.  Hopefully we make some noise in the postseason.  Guessing we'll be a 2 seed in either Charlottesville, VA or Wake Forest, NC.  And while we do lose some key guys, we have a lineup full of Sophomores.  Things look bright for the baseball team and that is a good thing.

Go Bulls! 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Looks like we were #6 a few days ago.  I think I was looking at some old NCAA stats.  But...we still had a **** great year so far!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Well, we did finish the regular season with the #18 RPI. Pretty durned good for a rebuilding year!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

The overall record looks nice but the team isn't as good as their record indicates.  The OOC schedule inflated their record and they lost half of the conference weekend series.  It has been a good season but I certainly would't expect too much in the post season from them.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, jg233 said:

The overall record looks nice but the team isn't as good as their record indicates.  The OOC schedule inflated their record and they lost half of the conference weekend series.  It has been a good season but I certainly would't expect too much in the post season from them.

I mean they still have the best RPI in the conference. Top 60 SOS and a great record vs the top 50. I just think folks are really downplaying how good the American is/was this year in baseball. Lowest was Memphis at 118. 3 teams in top 25, 4 in top 50. Bulls didn't play their best in conference on the road. So be it. They still fought hard, 13-6 against Sunshine State teams. It's not all there but being one game away from a regular season championship is still pretty **** good when the preason ranking was ear last. 

I don't know I'm not as down about the past two series' as most. Let's see what happens in the tourney!