• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Basketball Adds 6-10 Croatian Player

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  568
  • Days Won:  1

Its exciting to see all these faces coming to USF and will start out the season playing for "our side"

The one thing that always makes me nervous is that I hope they all end the season on the team and in good health.  We all know how bad the SD floor is with the "parkay curse", and the after hours shenanagans.

Lets just hope we end the season with as many as we started.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Frane_Markusovic.jpg

Frane Markusovic

P=Vijest&J=ENG&VijestID=1114

"Wanna hear the most annoying noise in the world?"

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

I asked about Marius and Frane on the European Basketball site, so we may have some guests stopping by again.

http://interbasket.net/talk/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=5071

I don't know what Frane is up to, but Marius will be having a busy summer:

Originally posted by HowieP

Does anyone know if Marius will be staying in Europe to play BB the rest of the summer?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. Prekevicius is in the U21 NT camp which is preparing for Wolrd Champ in Argentina (will start sometime in August). After being a starter of Junior NTs for last 2 years he might become a 6th player after emergance of some other players.

About him staying in Europe in the summer its half true  Yes Prekevicius is with Lithuanian U21 NT, but Worldchamp gonna be in Argentina and also since July 25th team will play some preparation games in Dallas. Linas Kleiza will join the team there. So not only Europe.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  106

we at lease on paper have the talent to compete in the middle of the pack in the BE

Does everyone else agree with that statement?

My hope was RMC could slowly increase the level of talent coming to USF year after year and that appears to be happening.  I am not sure if we have the talent to be a "middle of the pack" BE team yet.  I believe the BE will be the most competitive conference in history.  A "middle of the pack" team will probably be close to cracking the top-25.  

Markusovic seems like a great recruit.  The part I like the most is that we will have four or five years to develop him.  

8)

Well, we probably have at least a middle of the pack BE recruiting class coming in NOW, but that wasn't true in previous years. At least we are headed in the right direction.