• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The OC hire reminds me of the Seinfeld episode --&

Guest bullman33

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

Get real. The guy hasn't even had his team play a game yet and he is almost crucified.  How about a few years ago when this BCS school hired an untested coordinator.  -

Compiled from Times wires

© St. Petersburg Times, published February 10, 2001

Chudzinski to coordinate ’Canes offense

CORAL GABLES -- Miami coach Larry Coker began rebuilding the Hurricanes depleted coaching staff Friday by tabbing tight ends coach Rob Chudzinski as offensive coordinator.

"I feel fortunate," Chudzinski said. "It's not too often that you get a chance to go from being a graduate assistant and stay at the same school and progress like I have had the opportunity to do. I feel real lucky."

Coker, Miami's offensive coordinator before becoming coach, said Chudzinski will bring great understanding of passing and running games and intelligence to the position.

"No doubt, he was the No. 1 choice," Coker said. "It was his job to turn down."

Chudzinski, 32, who spent the past five years as tight ends coach, becomes one of the youngest offensive coordinators in the country.

After playing for the Hurricanes from 1986-90, Chudzinski joined the staff as a graduate assistant in 1994 after three years as a health care consultant for Anderson Consulting.

So how did the guy do?

Chudzinski Comes To Cleveland

January 12, 2004

The Cleveland Browns today announced that University of Miami (Fla.) offensive coordinator/tight ends coach Rob Chudzinski has been named tight ends coach.  With the hiring of Chudzinski, Steve Hagen, who had coached the Browns tight ends for the last three seasons, will move to quarterbacks coach.

Chudzinski had been working as the Hurricanes offensive coordinator/tights ends coach for the past three seasons (2001-03).  Miami enjoyed another productive season in 2003, averaging 27.8 points per game and finishing with an 11-2 record, including a 16-14 victory over Florida State in the FedEx Orange Bowl.  Chudzinski enjoyed his best season with the ‘Canes in 2002.  Under his direction, the 2002 Miami offense set new school records for points (527), total yards (6,074) and rushing touchdowns (33). The Hurricanes appeared in their second consecutive National Championship game and finished with a 12-1 record.  The 2002 Hurricanes averaged 40.5 points per game, while averaging 284.2 yards per game passing and 183.0 yards per game rushing.

The truth is we don't know how good Smith will be.  He may be the next Spurrier, and then again he may not be.

Ah, but coker did some good things before he became HC.  He certainly wasnt all but a proven failure.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

Ah, but coker did some good things before he became HC.  He certainly wasnt all but a proven failure.

He wasn't talking about Coker-- he was comparing this to the Miami OC/Tight Ends coach.

One problem with the analogy-- the talent level that guy had to work with was top notch.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  No, it wasn't and it isn't over at USF either.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Because when the going gets tough... .... ... .... ....

... ... ... the tough get going, who's with me?

[tt]http://161.58.5.90/animal/germans.wav[/tt]

The single most quoted luminary of our time...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  No, it wasn't and it isn't over at USF either.

Wow, i didnt realize they were bombing us.  I thought they were just "moving into the area"  ;).

I meant the worst football hire of course.  Smith isnt even close to the worst ever hire by usf overall!