• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brumbaugh ready to announce plans

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

Ala Shavlick Randolph, what a joke.....who exactly HASN'T declared for this year's draft? The number of kids declaring is beyond rediculous.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Not yet, he hasn't hired an agent yet and can still back out and go to college

Can you do that as a HS senior though? I thought you could only declare-and-return as a collegian. I'm not up on NBA rules.

And even if he can do that, it's a stupid thing to do because he can only declare-and-return once. If he decides to declare for the draft again after 1-3 years of college, he will not have the option to return, agent or not agent.

I hope this isn't another Taj McDavid story.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

because we are desperate for talent right now and willing to sign a juco or transfer for the final 2 spots, then Yes, we would take someone knowing he would only be 1 year.

All teams are "desparate" in that you want as much talent as possible. It's a difference in philosophy, do you want to build a team the "right way" or do you want the quick fix that will destroy chemistry and promote a prima-donna attitude because everybody knows he's gone after 1 season. If McCullum is going to resort to 1 and 2 year type guys that tells me he's desparate for talent and he probably wasted a year or more in getting guys like James Holmes, et al who aren't Big East material.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

yes but most teams aren't short handed to boot

There is something to be said for the fact that he would have less competition in the Big 12.  To be sure, the caliber of that competition would be lower...

Huh?

The Big 12 put as many teams (six) in the NCAA tourney as the Big East did this year, and they actually have more teams in the RPI top-100 than the Big East (10 to 9.) The Big 12 is just below the Big East in the Conference RPI (2nd & 3rd, overall) and the overall league strength of schedule for the Big 12 is slightly higher than the Big East.

Where the Big East has the advantage is media exposure, although I really doubt USF will be getting as much exposure next year as say, Syracuse or UConn gets.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

With the addition of the C-USA schools like Louisville, Marquette and Cincinnati, I don't think the Big 12 will be on par with the NBE, both in terms of RPI or teams in the post season.  

Well all I can say is USF had better improve, or we will be the boat anchor weighing down on that high RPI...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76

macullum and this program badly needed this recruit, this was our one best chance to get a player of this caliber and it doesn't look like it's going to happen. i get the feeling he'll be joining the long list of recruits who chose bigger named schools only to see them regret their decision.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

mac is building, and they will come