• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Are you kidding me?  More arrests reported...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501
  • Days Won:  0

Well, I guess it's newsworthy???

USF's Webb, Former Player Tanksley Arrested At Party

Published: May 1, 2005

TAMPA - South Florida senior guard Tristen Webb and former guard Alana Tanksley were arrested early Saturday, jail records show.

According to a report filed by the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Department, Tanksley and Webb were arrested at 2:11 a.m. Saturday. Both were charged with disorderly conduct. Tanksley also had two charges for obstructing an officer without violence and Webb one charge. All charges are misdemeanors.

USF coach Jose Fernandez said Webb and Tanksley were at a party Friday night at an off-campus apartment attended by other USF students when a noise complaint was filed and the arrests followed.

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGB2ZFAP68E.html

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

I'm just glad that nobody on the Men's basketball team was arrested.

Two from USF face charges

By wire services

Published May 1, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAMPA - Alana Tanksleyand Tristen Webb, teammates on the South Florida women's basketball team the past four seasons, were arrested early Saturday on misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct and obstructing an officer without violence.

Tanksley, a reserve guard who averaged 5.1 points as a senior, and Webb, who sat out the season with a medical redshirt, were arrested at 2:11 a.m. after police responded to a complaint about a disturbance at a party attended by members of USF's men's and women's basketball teams in the Avalon Heights apartment complex, where both live.

The players declined to comment, but coach Jose Fernandez said after talking to several witnesses, he believes the arrests were unwarranted.

"I'm standing by them," he said. "I've talked to several people who were there and I think once the matter is handled in the judicial system, they will be cleared of any wrongdoing. They're very apologetic for putting the university and the athletic department in the media for this reason."

Both were released Saturday morning with Tanksley out on $1,250 bond and Webb on $750. Tanksley faces two obstruction counts while Webb faces one.

Tanksley was part of Fernandez's first recruiting class and witnessed USF's transformation from a 7-20 record her sophomore year to back-to-back NIT appearances the past two seasons. She also established the Create-a-Smile Foundation with teammate Sharon Cambridge to benefit underprivileged children in Tampa.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/05/01/Sports/Two_from_USF_face_cha.shtml

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

insanity

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Rule one: If you are a USF athlete, stay away from parties.

Rule two: Parties at USF only lead to bad things if you are an athlete.

Rule three: Revert back to rule 1.

If those in charge of these kids don't start enforcing the rules, the plague will continue. Drinking and partying with non athletes always leads to the fights, the accusations, and the arrests. Non athletes are jealous of the athletes, especially when it comes down to schollies and free rides. The booze gets to talking and stuff happens. Time to take a stand!

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

Rule one: If you are a USF athlete, stay away from parties.

Rule two: Parties at USF only lead to bad things if you are an athlete.

Rule three: Revert back to rule 1.

If those in charge of these kids don't start enforcing the rules, the plague will continue. Drinking and partying with non athletes always leads to the fights, the accusations, and the arrests. Non athletes are jealous of the athletes, especially when it comes down to schollies and free rides. The booze gets to talking and stuff happens. Time to take a stand!

it has nothing at all to do with being an athlete...  just because you are an athlete it does not put you at greater risk of getting in to trouble at a party, just more likely it will end up in the newspaper

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

it has nothing at all to do with being an athlete...  just because you are an athlete it does not put you at greater risk of getting in to trouble at a party, just more likely it will end up in the newspaper

Bingo ....

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

It was a party for the USF women's basketball team and I was there and do not believe any of the arrests were warrented

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

Basically it stemmed from a noise complaint and Tank and Twebb went a little overboard while talking to the police....I was not around the apartment when it happened as I was walking someone to her car but I have recently heard that Tank and Twebb did not do anything to warrent an arrest

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

Basically it stemmed from a noise complaint and Tank and Twebb went a little overboard while talking to the police....I was not around the apartment when it happened as I was walking someone to her car but I have recently heard that Tank and Twebb did not do anything to warrent an arrest

Hey Chris thanks for pointing that out.  I was not at the party but thats what I figured happened.  Every time I throw a party someone always complains about noise.  We always invite our neighbors and tell them when the party is going to be, but it never fails some ***** calls the cops.  Then someone gets in trouble for some stupid sh!t like arguing with the cops.  

1.  If you have a problem with the  party going on next door be a man or woman and go next door and tell them to quiet down or join in the fun.  Chances are that they will be cool with you, but if they are pricks then get revenge don't call the cops.  Buy an airhorn and wake them up bright and early sometime in the future.  

2.   If the cops do show, cooperate to the fullest.  Remember the police are always correct and are never wrong.  Don't open the door until the owner is present and everyone under 21 has gotten rid of their drink.  Secondly, acting loud when you talk to them will get you a free ride and a pair of matching silver bracelets.