• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

The official site has last year's South Carolina attendance at 78,900...I didn't remember it being so high..

http://isis.fastmail.usf.edu/usf-athletics/Sports/football/2005/04stats/TEAMCUME.HTM

I was at the Bama game that was a huge crowd...very quiet to start as we came out with both guns firing...but it got loud as we wilted away.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

My early prediction is that it will be a low scoring game similar to TCU in 2003 when we lost 13-10.  But that is assuming Julmiste is going to start, as some on this board suspect.  If one of our other QB's start and are able to block out the 100,000 screaming fans and put up good numbers we could pull out a lucky win.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Being the first time the Bulls will ever walk on to a field with over 100,000 opposing fans, I fear they will have a lot of jitters and crap going on in their heads to put together a consistent first game of the season.  On the other hand, I really hope it has the opposite effect and pumps them up to pull out what would be a major upset.

Beaver Stadium is HUGE...but its also very, very, quiet.

The "noise" from Arkansas' lil stadium in Little Rock was probably louder on the field then what your players will hear at PSU.

It's HUGE but the fans aren't "on top of the action/field" that you find at other schools.

Plus, PSU fans are more "reserved" and more "seasoned", especially when their games usually start around Noon/1pm.

Remember, if you go....get your photo taken by the HUGE Statue of Joe Pa which is just outside the North Side (I think) of the Stadium.

KL

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Hey, I know a Penn State guy in the area who was asked by the team to record and forward  a tape of the USF spring game.  I hope the PSU coaches think they've got this game in the in column.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235

...I hope the PSU coaches think they've got this game in the in column.

that should have read  "in the win column.", but after last year I have to retrain my fingers to type WIN.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139

Being the first time the Bulls will ever walk on to a field with over 100,000 opposing fans, I fear they will have a lot of jitters and crap going on in their heads to put together a consistent first game of the season.  On the other hand, I really hope it has the opposite effect and pumps them up to pull out what would be a major upset.

Maybe that's just what we need to get our act together... To show some of the newbies what a huge future awaits them. The BULLS are gonna hand out lolipops & asswhoopins this season!!! ...and they're all outta lolipops!    ;)