• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Keith - Make history - Come to USF

Guest beatsiebull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Make Final Fours... better yet, NCAA tourney, better yet, NIT's, better yet, Conference tourneys... opps... let me cross that last one out... my alter ego jumper out for some reason today!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Thanks for the positive spin Sheriff.  You're a true Bull.  

::sick::

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Make Final Fours... better yet, NCAA tourney, better yet, NIT's, better yet, Conference tourneys... opps... let me cross that last one out... my alter ego jumper out for some reason today!

Those are the exact reasons why its ALWAYS been tough to recruit here, and will be for some time.  We just need quality players that fit our system... forget about the hyped players... if we get some, great... but the most important is the concept of team.

Guest BasketBull.

Some additional info:

1) He's qualified academically. He has a 3.25 and a 24 on the ACT.

2) There are two out-of-state connections: USC, whose coach is a former NBA coach and has been in contact since March of this year; and there is Oklahoma State, whose people apparently have also been in contact with him.

3) FSU and UF are pobably out of the picture at this point because of roster/scholarships, etc.

4) Keith has said he's always wanted to stay in state:

"Why leave your state if you've got quality schools?" Brumbaugh said. "I never said there was anything wrong with college. I'm just setting my goals high."

Conclusion: While it might be unnerving that he should take a visit to OSU this late in the recruiting, I think USF is still very much in the picture.

Keep yourfingers crossed, Bulls! Only a little over a week to go....

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

are you sure about that 3.5 gpa, he had an awful lot of academic suspensions his junior year. if he jumps ship to ok state, this would be much worse than losing out on a schaeffer/ingram/jean-francois, florida doesn't produce many players like brumbaugh and especially with florida and fl-state giving up on this kid. when will we be able to have a legitimate shot at a recruit of this caliber again? the program needs this recruit and so does mccullum.

on paper usf should be the best fit for him, comfortable and familiar environment, plenty of exposure playing in the big east, he'll be the focal point of the team unlike ok state. if anything usf gives him the best situation to quickly get into the pros. however he does fill a hole at small forward left by the grahm twins.  

Guest BasketBull.

The GPA source was his coach's statement in a paper. As for the suspensions early on, I think they were due to overdue assignments, etc. Basically, I feel that his coach kept Keith in line and wanted Keith to maintain his academics.

My gut feeling is that Keith is not like the traditional top recruit who wants all the attention of recruiting, etc. He had visited FSU early on but did not 'jump up and down' with any commiting statements afterwards like most recruits after a visit. He had said that he doesn't want to make a mistake.

He's a smart and upstanding kid and I think USF may benefit from that.

Fingers crossed!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76

The GPA source was his coach's statement in a paper. As for the suspensions early on, I think they were due to overdue assignments, etc. Basically, I feel that his coach kept Keith in line and wanted Keith to maintain his academics.

My gut feeling is that Keith is not like the traditional top recruit who wants all the attention of recruiting, etc. He had visited FSU early on but did not 'jump up and down' with any commiting statements afterwards like most recruits after a visit. He had said that he doesn't want to make a mistake.

He's a smart and upstanding kid and I think USF may benefit from that.

Fingers crossed!

well that's reassuring, the program really needs this guy, i felt good about our chances until ok state came in out of nowhere, hopefully our loyalty to him wins out. i remember reading that he was a very private person and he strongly favors staying in state, if we miss out on him this will sting for a long time. even if he only stays a couple of years, he can bring in better recruits, fans, and help make us a respectable team in the big east.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

less than 10% chance he comes

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Fingers crossed!

Just don't make any predictions... you had predictions for 2 others that didn't come true and they were virtual locks ;)

::deal::

Guest BasketBull.

Just don't make any predictions... you had predictions for 2 others that didn't come true and they were virtual locks ;)

::deal::

Like my compatriots at the Psychic Network, I do not offer refunds on predictions!