• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NIU Game Video

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

Will you be able to record the 'cuse game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  441
  • Days Won:  2

28 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Will you be able to record the 'cuse game?

I should be able to.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, RedBull13 said:

Hey if you dont mind my asking, what do you use to capture these and upload? Ive been thinking of doing a video and wanna include clips from the games

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013J6VEVA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This splitter removes the HDCP and allows you to use any normal HDMI capture input. It will also convert the sound to a normal RCA output instead of the dolby digital if your capture device won't pick it up.

I use one of these for the capture: https://www.amazon.com/Elgato-Capture-PlayStation-gameplay-1080p/dp/B00MIQ40JQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1473726839&sr=1-1&keywords=elgato+game+capture+hd

The setup is pretty simple. Cable box goes to splitter input. One splitter output goes to TV, the other splitter output goes to the Elgato game capture. The USB on the game capture goes to your PC. You do have to have a reasonably beefy system to capture in 1080i (which is the highest output any cable box has these days). You can tweak the settings lower until your system captures it smoothly.

PM me if you need more info. I'm not recording the games anymore due to me switching back to linux for my development environment, but the software works on windows and mac AFAIK.