• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any word on former football players returning?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

For one reason or another (maybe mainly academic), I believe we lost at least 3 players:

1. Eric Mayes, DE (enrolling next week for Spring?).

2. Derrick Calloway, DT

3.  Kennard Swanson, FB

4. Rohan Blackwood, DE

I think it'd be great to get some of these guys back (especially Swanson).  I know Trevon Sands (RB) is expected to be at USF next month, but I don't know that he'll be an impact player (seems smallish, without offsetting speed/strength...but that's just from my visual perspective).

Anyone else to speak of...or updates on the above?  

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Looks like Calloway is on pace to rejoin the team over the summer. Would have liked for him to be back for spring but take him anyway we can.

Glen Bethel is coming in next week along with Sands, haven't heard anything regarding the others.

We also lost Kendall Sawyer and Stefan McCray to AZ Western last offseason due to academics(at least Sawyer was) and I wouldn't expect either back.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

12 hours ago, 206BULL said:

Looks like Calloway is on pace to rejoin the team over the summer. Would have liked for him to be back for spring but take him anyway we can.

Glen Bethel is coming in next week along with Sands, haven't heard anything regarding the others.

We also lost Kendall Sawyer and Stefan McCray to AZ Western last offseason due to academics(at least Sawyer was) and I wouldn't expect either back.

Great news on Calloway, if he gets back.  Heard Bethel, too, but with classes starting Monday, hopefully we'll get a confirm/correct soon.

Agree on McCray not coming back, as I'm sure he realized he wasn't going to break into the rotation, but not so sure about Sawyer...but not fretting over him, as I think our secondary is in good shape (the safety play in the bowl game notwithstanding).