• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WKU hires Bobby Petrino

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Jack Harbaugh has been quoted as saying that he feels Taggart is one of top ten coaches in college football.

Coming from a guy that coached under Bo Schembechler, won a 1AA National Championship as a head coach, has 2 sons that are considered 2 of the best NFL head coaches and whose son in law is currently head coach of the #1 ranked basketball team in the country (Tom Crean, Indiana), I'll take that endorsement from a guy that obviously knows pretty good coaches over some internet message board guys that have no understanding of the facts and have no vision of the future for the University.

The more I learn about Taggart, the more I'm impressed with him.

I'll buy into the hype but...

He was also the best man at his wedding...this means nothing.

You got your Harbaugh's mixed up. This is the dad saying it. He wasn't the best man at his wedding.

Realized it after I posted , didn't know how to edit. Still very close knit, closer than most ex coach and players being he was his sons best man. From what I read they are basically family so I'm sure he can be a bit biased, especially with that top 10 comment.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

You can tell those on here that probably didn't play organized sports. The man quit on his team. There aren't many worse sins in team sports .... **** Petrino.

Taggart just did that. He got his guys to their first bowl game and said sorry I'm not going to help you prepare for it. I know this is common but I've always thought it is ********. I think coaches should be forced to stay until the last is over!

No. Short of winning a couple BE Championships, USF is Taggart's ceiling. He will need to achieve greatness here before someone hires him away. And by that time hopefully we are back on track.

Petrino would only need one decent season before sneaking away to a bigger fish. He doesn't care about the program, he only cares about himself. He's an *******. You want that guy leading our program? Hell no.

if you put 100 ad's in a room and ask them to choose

taggert or petrino

100 would choose petrino

ONLY WOOLARD AND USF WOULD CHOOSE TAGGERT

this is not to say taggert wont go on to be great coach

usf look like fools to anyone following this mess

usf needs new leadership

If 100 out of 100 athletic directors would choose Petrino over Taggart, why is Petrino working at Western Kentucky as Taggart's replacement? Why isn't he working at Tennessee, or Wisconsin, or Kentucky, or any of the other jobs that were available this month that Petrino would no doubt find more desirable?

you clearly didnt understand the question

taggert or petrino----100 out of 100 pick petrino

you are the *&^$@ moron that just happens to be a moderator

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

The following BCS Schools passed on Petrino :

Tennessee

Auburn

Kentucky

Wisconsin

Cal

Colorado

Purdue

BC

Cincinnati

The fact that he's at WKU should tell you something......

they passed on taggert also

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

You can tell those on here that probably didn't play organized sports. The man quit on his team. There aren't many worse sins in team sports .... **** Petrino.

Taggart just did that. He got his guys to their first bowl game and said sorry I'm not going to help you prepare for it. I know this is common but I've always thought it is ********. I think coaches should be forced to stay until the last is over!

No. Short of winning a couple BE Championships, USF is Taggart's ceiling. He will need to achieve greatness here before someone hires him away. And by that time hopefully we are back on track.

Petrino would only need one decent season before sneaking away to a bigger fish. He doesn't care about the program, he only cares about himself. He's an *******. You want that guy leading our program? Hell no.

if you put 100 ad's in a room and ask them to choose

taggert or petrino

100 would choose petrino

ONLY WOOLARD AND USF WOULD CHOOSE TAGGERT

this is not to say taggert wont go on to be great coach

usf look like fools to anyone following this mess

usf needs new leadership

If 100 out of 100 athletic directors would choose Petrino over Taggart, why is Petrino working at Western Kentucky as Taggart's replacement? Why isn't he working at Tennessee, or Wisconsin, or Kentucky, or any of the other jobs that were available this month that Petrino would no doubt find more desirable?

you clearly didnt understand the question

taggert or petrino----100 out of 100 pick petrino

you are the *&^$@ moron that just happens to be a moderator

Actually I'm a moderator that just happens to be a *&^$@ moron