• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anthony Chickillo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Don't know if anybody saw it, but BCP said we're still in the hunt.

take it for what it's worth. I guess we'll know the 9th.

Here is the link:

http://bigcountypreps.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=fsc5hgj143i7u5t5cbt81q5mr6&topic=6102.0

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

After reading that  it really gives me a little hope that he will stay here it does make alot of sense.  Also after taking with Coach Patrick and Franks at fan fest  I would want my kid to play here also.    Please baby Please  choose the green hat.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

BCP was right last year on TREX when everyone said "no way". If he says we are in this I for one am encouraged. What a great addition to this team Anthony would be. Really nice post in the thread that credits Kevin Patrick as a serious part of the development of a lot of this young talent. Anthony would be well advised to look long and hard at a team that keeps developing NFL talent at the DE and LB positions. New article from Katherine Smith:

By KATHERINE SMITH

ksmith@tampatrib.com

Published: August 31, 2010

TAMPA - Anthony Chickillo is a quick study. It didn't take him too long into his high school career to learn what side of the ball he preferred to play.

"When I got into high school, I liked hitting people more than I liked getting hit," Chickillo said. "That's when I knew I wanted to play defense."

And the Alonso senior defensive end soon realized his playing days wouldn't end in high school.

"I knew I could play at the next level when I started going to all these camps and I could beat some of the top players," he said. "My sophomore year, I started going to those camps and near the end of my sophomore year I got my first offer. That first offer, Florida International University, just showed me all the hard work paid off. But once I got the first one, I kept working hard and stayed humble. I haven't stopped since then. I'm still working hard."

Miami, where Chickillo's father and grandfather played, soon followed FIU's lead with an offer, and things have snowballed. Chickillo, preparing to make his college announcement this month, has nearly 50 Division I offers.

"Talking to all the coaches, it's an everyday thing and you really get tired of it," he said. "It's time consuming and you get to that point where you want to get it over with."

Some colleges are recruiting Chickillo as an outside linebacker. Others see him as a defensive end.

"I like playing in a 4-3 because I like putting my hand down more than standing up," he said. "But if I get a chance to play a position in the NFL, that's what I'll play."

Chickillo has shown his versatility this offseason while learning Alonso's new defensive scheme.

"The defense we run is not conventional and not what he's used to running," Coach Lee Meitzler, "but what he's bought into is the fact he's not going to be the typical defensive end. We're going to put him in a position to let him use his ability and help us be successful."

Chickillo is debating whether he will graduate from Alonso in December so he can enroll early in college. After missing half of last season with a broken collarbone, he has some unfinished business.

"I'm coming real hard this year," Chickillo said. "I want to break the county record for sacks. It's 27 and I want to break it."

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/aug/31/t5-chickillo-gearing-up-for-next-level-with-big-go/sports/

Tennessee thinks they are still in it for Chickillo.

Question 2: What Defensive ends do we have the best shot at and how many defensive tackles will we sign in this class.

James’ Answer: I think we sign Jordan Williams, a 50-50 shot at Anthony Chickillo, not a chance at Stephen Tuitt. I think UT signs at least three defensive tackles if not four.

Hampton’s Answer: Like at Defensive Tackle, we are going for nothing but the best at Defensive End. I believe we have the best shot at Newberry of the guys we are heavily targeting, but they are all about the same. We will sign at least 4 guys who can play the 4-3 DT or the 3-4 DL positions. I consider this the same position recruiting wise. We already have 2.

http://tennessee.scout.com/2/996284.html

Nice!

Chickillo picks his finalists

Posted By Katherine Smith at Sep 01, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Updated Sep 01, 2010 at 10:23 PM

And then there were six.

From the nearly 50 Division I scholarship offers, Alonso’s Anthony Chickillo has picked his final six. Chickillo told the Tampa Tribune, he will choose among Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Tennessee and USF when he makes his pick.

The senior defensive end will announce his college decision during a ceremony at his school on Sept. 9th at 2 p.m. Chickillo had originally planned to announce his decision on ESPN, but the space confines of the television studio limited the amount of people he could invite. So instead, he’ll be surrounded by friends and family at Alonso.

Bill, nice first post on the BCP board. However, you can stop patting yourself on the back, since I started a thread about him here a few months ago.  ;)  ;D

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=72123.0

Bill, nice first post on the BCP board. However, you can stop patting yourself on the back, since I started a thread about him here a few months ago.  ;)  ;D

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=72123.0

Guess you deserve all the credit. Never saw your post. BTW, I wasn't patting myself on the back so much as commenting about all the negative posts that came my way for daring to suggest that he might have an interest in USF. Just trying to make this a little more positive rather than a competition or a place to  tear down recruits and/or commits. Not trying to tread on your turf. Just trying to add a little research effort and some supportive interest to the mix.

I wasn't looking to take credit, just kidding you a bit. It's not a competition. But, sometimes there are existing threads on a player which you (or I) may not have seen, so I brought it to your attention.

Here's the thread. Didn't think it was overly self-congratulatory. Like I said i was just trying to create a positive impression about our interest in him. Didn't get that your tone was kidding, sounded a little testy.

"It's kinda funny. I started a Thread on the Bullspen Message Board, about Anthony and whether he might consider USF.

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=73459.0

A few posters tried to shout me down and discredit the idea. But sometimes it's good to keep the faith. I think with a quality young man like Anthony,, everyone hopes he will attend their school. But I think in Anthony's case he can become a very important part of the vibrant Tampa Bay Sports Community by staying here and becoming part of the foundation that is being built at USF. Those players who get on board at this stage of the process will always have a special place in the hearts of the USF and Tampa Bay Community. Good luck with your decision Anthony. We will all cheer for you whatever you go, just a lot louder if your wearing Green and Gold."

Archived