• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

:::Keith Clanton signs with:::

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

UCF just got beat by Valpo.

'nuff said.

Got blown out by a rebuilding Valpo. We are not talking about a rebuilding big conference school. We are talking about a rebulding mid-major. ;D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol

Valpo

Wait a minute now...Valpo has made some NCAAT apparences in the past so it isn't so embarassing. Although Valpo is rebuilding and ucf fans claim to have their most talented team in years. If true they probably shouldn't have gotten blown out in that game.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

like i said in the other thread on this....

GOOD. this guy is a diva who isnt even that impressive. we wasted so much time on this guy. him taking up a scholarship would have been a waste. i want guys who want to compete with the best every game. not some chump who is scared of competition

You sound either like you have sour grapes, or you are acting like a little child mad b/c his mom told him he couldn't have something.  (probably a combo of both)

He made a decision that he thought was best for him.  That is all we need to know.  Wish him the best, show some class, and move on.  No need to bash an 18 year old for deciding his choice of college.  He has his reasons and that is good enough.

We'll still find players for our team regardless. 

Be Respect-a-Bull.

• Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  0

There are some *classic* quotes on here.

I know we have some UCF fans that would be acting the same way - but gimme a break.  Don't you waste time on EVERY guy that you don't get?  That's how it works.  And how do you define "best" anyway?  Until UCF or USF are at the level of Duke, UCONN or North Carolina - guess what?  The kids that come here (and to about 300 other DI schools that aren't ELITE) have SETTLED on your program.  No one grows up dreaming of being a UCF Knight or USF bull.  That's why people get paid to recruit.

• Content Count:  971

At least he might help our RPI, should we continue to schedule the gnats on an annual basis. 

• Content Count:  580

'nuff said.

Got blown out by a rebuilding Valpo. We are not talking about a rebuilding big conference school. We are talking about a rebulding mid-major. ;D

I really do hate these pissing matches - and really this thread should have never been started on this board when the same poster already had posted it on the prospect board in addition to the one already going strong - but Vega - you seem to pride yourself on being knowledgable.  How many freshmen is UCF playing this year?  You use "rebuilding" towards Valpo in a way that suggests UCF is playing with 5 seniors.  While I'll agree we have our most talented team ever - talent alone doesn't win games or you'd only have 1 loss tops in football right now.

'nuff said.

I really do hate these pissing matches - and really this thread should have never been started on this board when the same poster already had posted it on the prospect board in addition to the one already going strong - but Vega - you seem to pride yourself on being knowledgable.  How many freshmen is UCF playing this year?  You use "rebuilding" towards Valpo in a way that suggests UCF is playing with 5 seniors.  While I'll agree we have our most talented team ever - talent alone doesn't win games or you'd only have 1 loss tops in football right now.

Ouch!!!

Well I think we all have vented enough on Clanton but sir knight I see this as a good thing. Myself and others are pissed because it shows the passion we have for our program. Yeah I know we could be like Velco and just be all love and peace but my experience has taught me that when people get mad about something going against their team it means they care. Believe me it would be nice if everything was all love and peace like, but that is not always the way a sports fan acts. I once followed a program that nobody called in to sports talk radio shows, nobody discussed it on their jobs, or social gathering, just nobody cared what happened good or bad. That is what you don't want. Take here for example, USF fans had lost interest in the basketball program towards the end of Coach Mac's tenure. Frankly until Jim Leavitt starting winning big these last few seasons not many cared what was going on over there.

Our basketball fan base has hit rock bottom but in the next few seasons I believe our normal size crowd will triple once Heath's program takes off. We didn't get Clanton ucf did and that's that. I take back nothing I said earlier about the situation. I didn't like how Keith handled his recruitment because he lied for about a month on things he was looking for in a school. I didn't like for my school to be held hostage by this level of a prospect, good but not All American status. I also have to question his heart and the fire that burns in his belly to be the best. It's over with and done now and I won't talk about this after today or at least I hope I don't have to.

We won't stop recruiting and I believe that USF fans will be pleased with who all we fill our 3 remaining scholarships with this spring.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

You can care and not act like a child.  Sports fans act in all different ways, and some is negative, but that doesn't mean it has to be that way.  You can still care without being like some on this site.

But i do agree, it is ok to vent to an extent.  But certain people... (not you Vega.. but others on here) don't just vent... the act like dirt and verbally assault people under the shroud of anonimity and it stinks. 

I'm not saying it should be all kumbaya (sp?), but we can take the high road (and still vent a bit too).  Just my 2 cents.

• Content Count:  19

life goes on...

It does and we will be fine. We found Rivas Sanchez and Leemow late last spring and both guys make us better. We signed Akol, McMillan, and Teague last spring and while neither is currently here they can all play. Now we might get Teague and McMillan back.

I can tell you that as it stands right now there will be some very talented guys available this coming spring and frankly we do a lot better in that time because most of the big schools are all filled up.

The mere fact you use the term "we" when you are talking about USF tells me your view is worthless when you speak about a young mans character that did not chose USF instead of chosing ucf.  Unless "we" means you are getting paid by USF basketball, please stop.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

like i said in the other thread on this....

GOOD. this guy is a diva who isnt even that impressive. we wasted so much time on this guy. him taking up a scholarship would have been a waste. i want guys who want to compete with the best every game. not some chump who is scared of competition

You sound either like you have sour grapes, or you are acting like a little child mad b/c his mom told him he couldn't have something.  (probably a combo of both)

He made a decision that he thought was best for him.  That is all we need to know.  Wish him the best, show some class, and move on.  No need to bash an 18 year old for deciding his choice of college.  He has his reasons and that is good enough.

We'll still find players for our team regardless. 

Be Respect-a-Bull.

okay, let me put it to you this way that you can understand. i have no sour grapes as you say. first off, i'm glad we didnt waste a scholly on this kid. if you did some research then you'd see he is a "me" player, not team player. second off, i have no respect for someone who is scared of competition, and believe me, he is scared.

i'm just p-ed off we wasted so much time on this player who isn't even elite talent

Archived