• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Payton Banks SF Grad Transfer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

26 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You really can't afford the luxury of that slow of a rebuild when you're down to 4 scholarship players. Going to need a blend of one and dones with 4 year players, maybe a few sit out a year transfers sprinkled in. I'd be surprised if we utilized all 13 scholarships for this coming year. 

That was the bind fCOA was in this last year. He had no seniors so really couldn't pursue any players from this class. We had two schollie's I think until McBuckets decided to leave. We were pursuing L.J Figueroa until Antigua was fired but that's about it. I think the term rebuild means something different to others than it does to me. Just having a full roster doesn't qualify for me, nor does having a roster of two stars. So when I think slow rebuild, I think 2-3 years until the roster is a real competitor is appropriate and to be expected. Not that 2 stars can't be competitive, but on paper preliminarily it doesn't stir the cockles of my soul. Yes, the film I have seen on Jiggets and Brown is enticing, but I will refrain from excitement. I believe I'd read that Brown (before us) was the only senior on his team Uncommitted prior to us and was listed as the third option on his team. I am excited about the intensity of recruitment though.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

11 minutes ago, JoshuaG said:

That was the bind fCOA was in this last year. He had no seniors so really couldn't pursue any players from this class. We had two schollie's I think until McBuckets decided to leave. We were pursuing L.J Figueroa until Antigua was fired but that's about it. I think the term rebuild means something different to others than it does to me. Just having a full roster doesn't qualify for me, nor does having a roster of two stars. So when I think slow rebuild, I think 2-3 years until the roster is a real competitor is appropriate and to be expected. Not that 2 stars can't be competitive, but on paper preliminarily it doesn't stir the cockles of my soul. Yes, the film I have seen on Jiggets and Brown is enticing, but I will refrain from excitement. I believe I'd read that Brown (before us) was the only senior on his team Uncommitted prior to us and was listed as the third option on his team. I am excited about the intensity of recruitment though.

Maybe replenish rather than rebuild would be a better description of what the staff is up against right now ... 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On 4/18/2017 at 10:28 AM, JoshuaG said:

I'd be ecstatic with a full roster; we haven't had one in over 4 seasons. The last seasons of USF MBB have really, really lowered my expectations. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Paisa el Toro said:

I'd be ecstatic with a full roster; we haven't had one in over 4 seasons. 

That would be a great start to the CBG era .... even if half wouldn't be here the following year.