• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why not Brad Underwood?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

70-24 at Daytona Beach CC (2003-2006)

32-3 at Stephen F Austin this season.

Makes less than 300k at SFA

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Because someone, won't name names, always says, NO, NOT THIS GUY!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Hmmm...interesting

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Very interesting indeed

College notes: Former Daytona State coach Underwood is finalist for Durham award at Stephen F. Austin

In his first year as a head basketball coach at a four-year school, former Daytona State coach Brad Underwood has been named one of 15 finalists for the 2014 Hugh Durham Award, presented to the nation's top mid-major coach.

Underwood led Stephen F. Austin to its first NCAA tournament victory in program history last week when the No. 12 seeded Lumberjacks upset No. 5 VCU, 77-75 in overtime. Stephen F. Austin, which lost to UCLA in the next round, finished the season at 32-3, 18-0 in the Southland Conference. Before the UCLA loss, the Lumberjacks had won 29 games in a row.

The Hugh Durham Award winner will be announced on April 4.

Underwood is also a finalist for two other coaching awards. He is one of 10 finalists for the Joe B. Hall Award, given to the top first-year coach in Division I and is one of 15 finalists for the Jim Phelan Award, given to the top D-I coach in America.

Underwood coached at DSC for three seasons (2003-06), leading the Falcons to a 70-24 record. He was named Mid-Florida Conference Coach of the Year twice.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20140327/SPORTS/140329508

Edited by Vega

Dodge City Community College, where he led the Conquistadors to a 62-60 record from 1988-93

Impressive

Here he is, the guy I first posted about.. And coaches grow over time. 

36-44 at Cleveland, 5 wins last season as HC.1991-95

bill_belichick_browns.jpg

3 Super Bowls 2000-today

Patriots_Bill_Belichick_2013-300x237.jpg

Edited by slick1ru2

Dodge City Community College, where he led the Conquistadors to a 62-60 record from 1988-93

Impressive

That was his first hoops job back in 1988...I'd focus on what he's done the past 10-12 years...which is win.

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

There is probably a reason someone who is 50 yrs old just got his first Div I head job.  Plus sick of the one hit wonders becasue of one win in the tourney and a great record in one of the worst confrences in America.  IF this is the route you think USF should go I think Bob Marlin current head men's basketball coach at University of Louisiana at Lafayette is a better choice.  But I still think USF can do better then both of these guys.  But with this debacle, I'm not so sure anymore

There is probably a reason someone who is 50 yrs old just got his first Div I head job.  Plus sick of the one hit wonders becasue of one win in the tourney and a great record in one of the worst confrences in America.  IF this is the route you think USF should go I think Bob Marlin current head men's basketball coach at University of Louisiana at Lafayette is a better choice.  But I still think USF can do better then both of these guys.  But with this debacle, I'm not so sure anymore

First NFL head coach job, age 59.

440px-Pete_Carroll_2013.jpg

Pete-Carroll-with-Trophy-Super-Bowl-XLVI

Edited by slick1ru2

Steve Masiello

Craig Neal

Dave Rice

Brad Underwood

John Pelphrey

Derek Kellogg (doubt he leaves UMass)

Donnie Tyndall and Mike White seem happy to wait around for a top-25 job to come calling.