• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

are you ready for nba playoffs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

and miami's attempt to win back to back

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

i can't wait for the playoffs!  hopefully the heat can complete the back to back.  it'll be interesting to compare the heat players' style now that the weight has been removed last year.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,370

The scary thing is the Heat are a much better team than they were last year. There were times even last season when it was agonizing to watch their half-court offense. They've gotten their offense down pretty well this year and they're still a great defensive team. The additions of Ray Allen, Chris Anderson and even Rashard Lewis gives them great depth that they lacked the last two seasons. Plus, everyone should be rested and quite healthy going into the playoffs.

In the East, the Pacers, Knicks and Nets are the only teams that can potentially beat the Heat. The Knicks rely way too heavily on Carmelo, three-point shooting and their defense is still anemic. The Nets have an elite point guard and a solid center (which the Heat don't have) but still not nearly enough to make a difference. The Pacers play tough basketball and can hassle Miami but again I doubt they'll win more than two games.

In the West, either the Thunder, Spurs, Nuggets and Clippers will be good enough to survive to play against the Heat. The Spurs, as always, and old and more injury-prone than most teams. They still play great team basketball, just still not good enough to beat the Heat. I don't think the Thunder are as good as they were last year. Losing Harden took away a lot of intensity coming off the bench. The Nuggets have a great home record and had a long winning streak, but they're another player away from being an upper echelon team. They're also one of those good regular season teams that get knocked off in the first round. The Clippers may surprise some people and end up winning the west. They are solid at all positions, have two elite players, play well on both sides of the ball and have a good bench. They did lose all their games against the Thunder, but I think the Clips will be a better playoff team.

Sure, the Heat will lose some games, but the question you have to ask yourself is: "Are there any teams that can beat them four times in a seven-game series?" I think not.

Pending any major injuries, the Heat should easily repeat.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Hate to see it but I don't see anyone in the east is beating the heat. The Knicks had a **** before amare, Wallace and camby went down with all that size. Carmelo, chandler Kidd and Martin are all banged up.

In the west maybe the clips or spurs can but doubt it. Okc couldn't is worse without harden and the heat got better. I'm rooting for the Knicks and spurs. Lebron is growing on me but still can't root for a team in a city that doesn't care until it matters.

Hate to see it but I don't see anyone in the east is beating the heat. The Knicks had a **** before amare, Wallace and camby went down with all that size. Carmelo, chandler Kidd and Martin are all banged up.

In the west maybe the clips or spurs can but doubt it. Okc couldn't is worse without harden and the heat got better. I'm rooting for the Knicks and spurs. Lebron is growing on me but still can't root for a team in a city that doesn't care until it matters.

Yeah, I kind-of get what you mean about the Miami fanbase. They're very fickle. I will say this though...the Heat fans are much better than the fans of the other sports teams in Miami. Marlins fans are probably the worst, followed by the Panthers and Hurricanes fans. Dolphins fans are okay.

Being an avid fan since the mid-90s, it does pain me to see bandwagoners that didn't give a **** about the team during the 15-win season, for instance. It all comes with the territory, I guess. If they don't know who Glen Rice or Tim Hardaway or PJ Brown is, I have my answer as to whether they're a true fan or not haha.

heat have best team by far in this tournament

• 2 weeks later...

So much for my comments on the Clippers...

dont feel bad

a team like clippers look good during the year on a tuesday night against anyone but in a series when the other team can game plan clippers arent so good and blake griffin isnt  an 'a" player by any stretch of the imagination

dont feel bad

a team like clippers look good during the year on a tuesday night against anyone but in a series when the other team can game plan clippers arent so good and blake griffin isnt  an 'a" player by any stretch of the imagination

They have a top 3 point guard (if not the best), a really good forward (like you said, griffin hasn't quite gotten to 'a' status yet), and some good veterans to fill the roster and bench.

They have a good mix, but perhaps they're another player and year away from being in the upper echelon of the league.

Gotta give the Grizzlies credit, they've come to play these last two playoffs.