• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taurean Charles

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

He threw it at some lizards, right?

What's wrong with that?!

This gets runner up post of the week.  

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest S.  Bien

Judge for yourselves.  This was Taurean's version.  It was substantiated by others in attendance (that Taurean did not throw the kegs and did not instigate the fight)  which is why the prosecutor couldn't punish him for anything more than fighting.  The media took the keg tossing incident and ran with it.  This has been Taurean's only real blemish to date.

Here's Taurean's version of what happened:

TC: It was just a big fight. We got invited there by the fraternity members. I helped them set some stuff up. We were watching some Jell-O wrestling and somebody starting throwing ice and stuff just started getting out of hand. I realized that two of my teammates --- Anthony Guerrero and Deshawn Wynn --- confronted this guy … I know who it is now, it was Dan Engle. He had been throwing ice at them and they told him to stop and next thing you know a big scuffle started. It was a big melee that started and then there's about 60-70 people involved. It's like their fraternity coming at about six or seven of us and shoving started into fighting. Well, fought back but we got out of there. A few weeks later, I get contacted by the police and they tell me that someone was injured at that party. That's the first I heard that anyone had gotten injured at that party. The police told me that this guy had been hit by a keg and he had suffered some damages, and this and that, and from there, he interviewed me, Guerrero and Deshawn. Then about five days later while I was working out and he (police officer) called and told me I needed to come down there. I've never been questioned like that before. I wasn't going to but Mike Spiegler from upstairs (University Athletic Association) told me I better go. I told him I didn't feel comfortable going down there alone but he told me to go again. I left, I went down there, and they asked me the same things again. They asked me if I dropped a keg on Dan Engle and I said no. They asked if I was fighting and I said, yes sir, I was fighting. From there they arrested me and I still didn't know why I was arrested. They just did it and said I was charged and didn't tell me why. I sat in jail for four days. Come to find out my coaches and lawyer tell me I should have never gone to the police station without someone to represent me. I didn't know that. Someone should have known that and told me. Mike Spiegler should have told me that I shouldn't go down there. I didn't know any better. He should have had someone go down there to assist me. Someone from UAA should have come down there but that didn't happen. The media got in on it and really blew it up to make me look like I started everything. I looked bad, but that's okay. What really gets me is how they made my family look bad. Ever since then I've been fighting this uphill battle against the court system and the university.

TC: This is what's so stupid about what happened. I was trying to stop what had already been started and was going over there to see if I could get something stopped and I got hit. We're big guys and we lift weights every day and we're way stronger and bigger than these little preppy guys from the fraternity. This guy throws ice and hits me between the eyes and then he's telling me "I don't care how big you are, I can kick your ass!" And I said F#%k it, don't mess with me and even though he's 150 pounds or so and I'm probably 100 pounds heavier, he comes at me swinging. Yeah, I swung back and I got into the fight and that's how it started. These guys had their beer muscles bulging, a lot of liquid courage.

You can read the rest of the interview here:

http://florida.foxsports.scout.com/2/362337.html

By the way, I'd love to get a glimpse of this 150-160lb kid that challenged Taurean.  Or more like bartender I'll have what he's having...

Also, for more information on Taurean watch the documentary "Year of the Bull"-- possibly ominous-- about Tuarean's HS recruitment out of NW HS.   The actions of his coaches will appall some.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

I stopped reading at Jello wrestling....sounds like we missed a good party.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Charles_Taurean.jpg

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

go somewhere else.....if he wanted to be a bull he would of come here out of HS not after he ran into problems in gaynsville.

Guest BasketBull.
go somewhere else.....if he wanted to be a bull he would of come here out of HS not after he ran into problems in gaynsville.

A lizard gone bad is still a lizard!  

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

he sound like he needs a second chance

will he grt to play the gayturds if he comes here?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Maybe he just went there to beat up on the lizards until he was ready to play.

Seriously though, if what he's saying is TRUE, and that needs to be found, I see no reason he doesnt deserve a second chance.  As a former wrestler @ 225, if some 150 lb guy hit me in the face (or tried to), i'd probably drop him and break his arm without even thinking about it.  Fighting is uncalled for, but if someones going to be unruly enough to swing, the rules are off.

Come on, i bet a decent percentage of you guys have been in a fight, whether at fault or not.  Just because he's a bigger guy doesn't mean he should be penalized more for it.  A fight is a fight.  Did the frat people get thrown in jail for 4 days?  I'm not sure what the law says about fighting, but the way I see it, if someone initiates a fight, they're at fault just as much as the person who mops the floor with them.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

let him have a second chance somewhere else

he said he considered the bulls out of HS now when he gets in trouble he wants us again.....sorry too late!