• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Indoor practice facility please

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

UCF has had an IPF for years....what has it done for them?

Maybe you didn't watch football last year but that school to the north is getting pretty good

They had that facility when they played the Bulls.....They went 0-4, lost 64-12 the year of their 1st CUSA Championship.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Don't have a problem with an indoor facility but I don't think the moment is right...

Too many unknowns right now...Cash is King...Cancel Debt etc..entrance fee's  

If there was some stability and we were in a new stable  conference  my blessing...

Go Bulls

So your idea is to sit on our hands and hope we get picked up...No we have to make our athletics program more attractive to the ACC/Big 12

No where in my comment did I mention sitting on our hands...I said there were too many unknowns...Flexability..is of prime importance..Cash on hand gives flexability...

Don't know much about USF Budget but an extra bit of cash for a top tallented coach might be a better use..

But like I said since we don't have that situation right now I would like to leave that option on the table...

To me building a indoor facility would be like buying a new house in the mids of a divorce...

Go Bulls

Edited by bull-71

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Didn't ECU under Skip Holtz win CUSA twice during  that time...UCF was beaten by HOLTZ ECU teams  for 3 years straight before leaving to coach USF.

Edited by mviusa

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Don't have a problem with an indoor facility but I don't think the moment is right...

If there was some stability and we were in a new stable  conference  my blessing...

Go Bulls

So your idea is to sit on our hands and hope we get picked up...No we have to make our athletics program more attractive to the ACC/Big 12

Building an IPF isn't gonna make us more attractive to the ACC/Big XII. The university has already shown a commitment to putting up top notch facilities.

Having the money for a conference buyout on hand, however, may sway someone into taking us.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  0

Even if USF wanted to build an IPF, it'd be a good 4-5 years minimum.

Heck, it's taken 6 years for Jimbo to get the IPF built at FSU (will be done Aug 1st) and they've got a lot more booster cash than USF. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  1

Go Bulls

Building an IPF isn't gonna make us more attractive to the ACC/Big XII. The university has already shown a commitment to putting up top notch facilities.

Having the money for a conference buyout on hand, however, may sway someone into taking us.

This money should be directly invested into our facilities. We don't have the tradition of our in state recruiting rivals so we have to get an edge in another way. Just think about it if we used this 30 million for a IPF and the down payment on a OCS in 10 years we would have state of the art lifting and player facilities to go along with a IPC and and a brand new on campus stadium. I can't think of a way to make our program more attractive besides winning lol

Go Bulls

This money should be directly invested into our facilities. We don't have the tradition of our in state recruiting rivals so we have to get an edge in another way. Just think about it if we used this 30 million for a IPF and the down payment on a OCS in 10 years we would have state of the art lifting and player facilities to go along with a IPC and and a brand new on campus stadium. I can't think of a way to make our program more attractive besides winning lol

Brody...Take a step back...Take a look at the big picture....the primary reasons recruits choose a school is conference, coaches...IMO .IPF is way down on the list....along with OCS..*I don't believe any on this blog would not like IPF or an OCS...but  spending money on these items right now does not apear to be the most logical decision..Having cash reserves conference entrance fees,,,short fall in game attendance due to last two years performance..is the most prudent course of action....

CEO's of companies are normally very conservative....Cash reserves relieves anxiety and stress....Board of Directors are conservative....University Presidents are conservative and AD are conservative....With all the turmoil in our conference...IPF and OCS have very little chance of being implimented...Once again good things for our future just not the right moment...

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Before we build an IPF, we need to spend some of that coin on somebody who understands MARKETING!!!

Get the guy who dreamed up X-Games, or UFL, or WWF, etc, and bring them to Tampa.

Before we build an IPF, we need to spend some of that coin on somebody who understands MARKETING!!!

Get the guy who dreamed up X-Games, or UFL, or WWF, etc, and bring them to Tampa.

Gone are the days of Rockerfeller where all it took was a hole in you pocket and a bunch of dimes..

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  1

Go Bulls

Brody...Take a step back...Take a look at the big picture....the primary reasons recruits choose a school is conference, coaches...IMO .IPF is way down on the list....along with OCS..*I don't believe any on this blog would not like IPF or an OCS...but  spending money on these items right now does not apear to be the most logical decision..Having cash reserves conference entrance fees,,,short fall in game attendance due to last two years performance..is the most prudent course of action....

CEO's of companies are normally very conservative....Cash reserves relieves anxiety and stress....Board of Directors are conservative....University Presidents are conservative and AD are conservative....With all the turmoil in our conference...IPF and OCS have very little chance of being implimented...Once again good things for our future just not the right moment...

Go Bulls

You want to be average go ahead and be conservative, you say cash is king well I say college football is the king of cash.  Build it and it will come this is an investment, we have a massive enrollment we should take advantage of that and build this football program.  Just look at what success in football did for the University of Florida through the 90s and 2000s they probably make that 30 million in a few home games.  Football made the school a destination, it put them on the map, I think the same thing can happen here.  That will never happen though if nobody is going to take a risk, and we just continue to be conservative.  Btw how has that conservative approach worked since the firing of JL? 

Edited by brodyheisman