• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How will the NBE affect recruiting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I know many top recruits want to play in the best conferences due to the tv and media exposure. The NBE has some interesting destinations however and if we start winning could have a yearly open door to a top bowl. How will this affect recruiting going forward? Do we pull in top talent in the state away from FSU Miami and UF? The last part was a joke BTW.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  60

We'll probably continue to snag the same level of recruits until skip leaves or turns things around. Then recruiting success will be up to the abilities of the new coach.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Even when we were in the old Big East we weren't a destination for recruits. In fact we often were in battles with UCF and/or other BE or mid/low level BCS schools for guys.

We occasionally nailed a big name, but every school does that.

I don't think that changes. We'll be fine.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685

Even when we were in the old Big East we weren't a destination for recruits. In fact we often were in battles with UCF and/or other BE or mid/low level BCS schools for guys.

+1

More concerned about the coaches than the recruits... not to dismiss the importance of solid recruiting, but we'll have to take the Rays' approach - do more with less.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  60

+1

More concerned about the coaches than the recruits... not to dismiss the importance of solid recruiting, but we'll have to take the Rays' approach - do more with less.

I don't think we have the analytical abilities to do what the rays do. Moneyball probably would work in college football though.

+1

I don't think we have the analytical abilities to do what the rays do. Moneyball probably would work in college football though.

You're right, we don't have it now, but that's why it's more important than recruits...

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

this will be bad and definitely hurt recruiting

we have no advantage of orlando school

Sure we do. Our advantage is we're in Tampa, not Orlando. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078

Sure we do. Our advantage is we're in Tampa, not Orlando. :thumbsup:

Actually, they have an advantage over us now. I think they have "somewhat" of a game day experience just because their stadium is on campus. If they fill their 45,000 seat stadium, it still looks better to a recruit than 20,000 at Ray Jay.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  622

Recruiting is horrible right now. It is hard to understand. USF has become a joke to local coaches, and local media. Just go on twitter during games. It is clear as day. The horrible coaching decisions and lack of effort are not hard to see.

USF needs a young guy that can mine the talent. One that can earn respect and back it up. Coaching becomes much easier when you have legit talent.

USF has to get on guys earlier. Forget the current class. I can point out a dozen 2014 kids that should be getting love from USF already. But they aren't. USF will wait until they have other offers. It sucks. Look at how long it took them to offer Nate Godwin. Then they lost him to..... Minnesota!?!?!

Isaiah Wynn, Mason Cole... they used to mention USF regularly. Now, USF will never sniff those guys again with the current staff. Willie Taggart is the obvious name. He could do some big-time things with this program in my opinion. They are other options out there too.