• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug Woolard Sent USF Athletics Into A Death Spiral...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

This is so dumb. Some people sound like 9/11 Truthers on this subject.

Haha

Well, the one truth which cannot be denied is that USF has gone from being a competitive program to a sucky one.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

Haha

Oh, young hatter...You can cover your ears and hide your eyes but some day you will have to face the reality that people you assumed were smart sometimes make some really, really dumb decisions.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Haha

Well, the one truth which cannot be denied is that USF has gone from being a competitive program to a sucky one.

All programs do that. For example, I live in Atlanta. They wanted Mark Richt gone for a couple years now. He had NFL talent and no NC shots. Two years ago UGA lost to UCF! Would you call a team that loses to UCF competitive? This year they win one more game and are in the NC. That's just one program and there are others like it. Florida didn't look so good when Urban left, Tennessee was a great team and then fell off the face of the earth, etc.. So the current state of the football program has nothing to do with what happened with Leavitt.

^^^Baghdad Bob reveals himself!

Edited by Plantation Pete

Haha

All programs do that. For example, I live in Atlanta. They wanted Mark Richt gone for a couple years now. He had NFL talent and no NC shots. Two years ago UGA lost to UCF! Would you call a team that loses to UCF competitive? This year they win one more game and are in the NC. That's just one program and there are others like it. Florida didn't look so good when Urban left, Tennessee was a great team and then fell off the face of the earth, etc.. So the current state of the football program has nothing to do with what happened with Leavitt.

Whatever UCF Pete.

Which college are you a graduate of?

Haha

Whatever UCF Pete.

Which college are you a graduate of?

One that teaches you don't end sentences with prepositions.

O-kay...Which college are you a graduate of, *******?

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  901

Haha

Oh, young hatter...You can cover your ears and hide your eyes but some day you will have to face the reality that people you assumed were smart sometimes make some really, really dumb decisions.

hatter indicts his own character being a childhood playfriend of joel miller

he may have even stole purses with the miller clan just for fun at publix

by the way did that dirtbag ever go to trial

Haha

hatter indicts his own character being a childhood playfriend of joel miller

he may have even stole purses with the miller clan just for fun at publix

by the way did that dirtbag ever go to trial

It's telling who hatter aligns himself with and chooses to believe in.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Haha

who?

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

A "media member" fired from local outlet for his questionable activity.

He was fired for his questionable activity? I thought the dying media outlet that is the Tampa Tribune was just looking to save money. Who is covering USF athletics for them now?

Adam Atkins covered USF after him, if you're trying to insinuate his termination was a result of downsizing.

Not sure that I was trying to insinuate, it was a fairly direct statement. I don't recall then, nor can I quickly find now any formal letter of apology or recantement of any of the news pieces the Tribune published by Brett McMurphy. If he was truly terminated because they felt he reporting was unethical I would expect some statement (maybe it is there, I didn't follow this story that closely). As I recall they replaced a 20 year veteran with someone pretty much directly out of college and then quickly after that replaced him with "staff reporters". It seemed obvious the move was more a result of the general trend a the Tampa Tribune to reduce staff to work within the smaller budgets.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Point is it was a sham and that's it.

The investigation and its conclusions where a result of a third party source who has a fairly established reputation. You have to believe a lot of people who would have no real "skin in the game" just had it out for Jim Leavitt to believe that entire story. What to do with the information is certainly open for debate, but there is little doubt as to what Jim Leavitt did (both in the locker room and in the aftermath during the investigation).

I know far more than you can only assume - including players that were contributing to the stories, making stuff up. You'd be surprised. I had direct correspondence and have it stored safely. You would truly be surprised at the players conspiring, admittedly, to help take down a coach.

I'd be interested to hear about this. Without naming names what went down? What conspiring was going on that you heard directly from the conspirators?