• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

wow!!! the new Sundome is beautiful.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  112
  • Days Won:  0

I completely agree with the 200 level planning above the club... I bought in front row of 203 and to get there you have to climb to 300s and down----really not that well designed, there has to be some way to remedy that disaster, it was horrible for the game....However I am just moving my seats.... As far as buying lower level sides or club, I am/was told they are sold out so it is not a me being cheap issue, I tried to buy the best seats available to me at the time. Also the railings at the end of the stairs obstruct a lot of decent seats in the 200s.

I am surprised that these issues weren't thought out a bit better.

Edited by greenlinefenway

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  112

I completely agree with the 200 level planning above the club... I bought in front row of 203 and to get there you have to climb to 300s and down----really not that well designed, there has to be some way to remedy that disaster, it was horrible for the game....However I am just moving my seats.... As far as buying lower level sides or club, I am/was told they are sold out so it is not a me being cheap issue, I tried to buy the best seats available to me at the time. Also the railings at the end of the stairs obstruct a lot of decent seats in the 200s.

I will say overall the improvements far outweight these negatives

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Mid court second level had a real weird set up when you try to get food or anything else. Just different then most venues I have been in including the old Dome. You have to walk up the steps then back down to get anywhere. Rest of the dome looked great.

Is that true for both sides, or just the north stands (above the Arena Club)?

I think its both sides

Looking at the rendering in the the ticket sales brochure "A New Era in Bulls Basketball" it appears that it's only true on the north side (above the Arena Club). Putting a stairway down from the isle between 202 and 203 into the Arena Club would be ridiculous!

Is that any different from entering or exiting the stadium for 100 level seats in RJS. What would you have done that would be better?

The height of those railings is probably required by the safety code.

I will say overall the improvements far outweight these negatives

By far!

It's not perfect (I've never been in a venue that is)..it is what it is...people were given ample opportunities to tour the dome (sit in the seats) before purchasing season tickets.

Mid court second level had a real weird set up when you try to get food or anything else. Just different then most venues I have been in including the old Dome. You have to walk up the steps then back down to get anywhere. Rest of the dome looked great.

That is very aggravating, I found it makes more sense to enter and exit on the third level. And I still couldnt find the beer concession from 202 first row above the arena level

Did you not tour the Dome before purchasing your tickets?

MAYBE I am taking your comment the wrong way but after being a season ticket holder for BB for over 20 years and the last 3 being a four hour round trip drive to get to the games I gave up my season tickets three years ago - so no I did not tour the dome before buying my single game ticket. And other folks in our area said the same ting that it made no sense the way it was set up.

While I would agree that it is inconvenient, I don't agree that it makes no sense. How would you have changed the design without losing valuable seating capacity? Remember it is a re-design rather than a new design, and cost was a factor.

Easy - you leave a space for folks to come "down" the stairs to exit. This bs of the ring and making it like a kingdom is weak. It was a simple fix but they wanted to keep the have nots out. Just real bush league to me. Yea I am sure the cost of not putting up a gate and putting in 5 steps would have busted a 35 million dollar renovation. There are many many things to like about the renovation and overall they did a great job but they ignored a basic courtesy of letting people get to and from their seats with ease. For the folks in level two it felt like they had a gated community that you could see but don't you dare walk in our area.

A simple fix is to donate $2k/year and buy seats in the gated community.

But then! The rows are too close together, making it a pain to get past other people in the row, because the seat padding is so thick, and there are only 3 urinals and 2 sinks in the men's room! :furious3:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

The railings are fire code.... they didn't get to chose the height or location.

As for the having to walk up and walk down issue... you guys crack me up. It's no different for anyone that has lower bowl seats in RJS... we walk up and down 26 rows of seats every game.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Wow some of you guys sound like designed the freaken building. Ease up We all like but it aint perfect.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Agreed.