• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

B-R-A-Z-E-L-T-O-N

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

The same reason they overpaid for Pedro Martinez.  Omar Minaya is running the team, and he's an idiot.  He's stockpiling and overpaying for Latin talent, for some reason.  Who knows.

The Rays flat out STOLE the best prospect in baseball.  It was a great trade.

Omar wasnt even with the Mets when they traded Kazmir so it is hard to blame it on him. He was not hired by Mets until the last week of the season last year and was with Expos until then. At least your boy Spence buys it though.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Omar wasnt even with the Mets when they traded Kazmir so it is hard to blame it on him. He was not hired by Mets until the last week of the season last year and was with Expos until then. At least your boy Spence buys it though.

Maybe the problem lays with ownership, then.  They're the ones writing the checks, after all.  As I said, who knows, but the Mets certainly haven't looked like the most intelligent organization as of late.

And, for what it's worth, this week's issue of USA Today's Sports Weekly magazine predicts Kazmir will win the Cy Young by 2007.  Of course, that's just a speculative story, but it shows the level of respect those in the know have for Kazmir's talent.

He'll be playing for Boston or NY within 4 years.  Watch.

Maybe the problem lays with ownership, then.  They're the ones writing the checks, after all.  As I said, who knows, but the Mets certainly haven't looked like the most intelligent organization as of late.

And, for what it's worth, this week's issue of USA Today's Sports Weekly magazine predicts Kazmir will win the Cy Young by 2007.  Of course, that's just a speculative story, but it shows the level of respect those in the know have for Kazmir's talent.

He'll be playing for Boston or NY within 4 years.  Watch.

They took an overweight, washed up Mo Vaughn with career threatening injuries and owed about a bazillion dolars so no one is doubting that they are not smart.  One of the best teams on PAPER every year though.....

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

I know baseball better then you ever will.
Really?

Best prospect since Gooden? Then why did the mets trade him for an end of the rotation starter?

First you make this statement implying that the kid must not be any good if the Mets were willing to trade him away for as you put it 'an end of the rotation starter'.

Then you make this statement in a later post...

It was a great trade for the Rays...

You can't have it both ways genius.  

I know baseball better then you ever will.
This is really funny considering I played baseball for 12 year of my life, playing through college, and semi-pro ball.  How did you become such an expert?

Really?

First you make this statement implying that the kid must not be any good if the Mets were willing to trade him away for as you put it 'an end of the rotation starter'.

Then you make this statement in a later post...

You can't have it both ways genius.  

Why not quote that in same post he could be a #1 starter. If you know baseball so well, then why must you comeback and say this was not my opinion it was a bunch of sportswriters? I am giving my opinion so apparently I know enough about baseball to give my own opinion unlike yourself. I do think it was a great trade for the Rays and I think this kid is a great prospect I just dont think he is the best prospect since Gooden. Now go read some more opinions by sportswriters so that you can have a reply.

This is really funny considering I played baseball for 12 year of my life, playing through college, and semi-pro ball.  How did you become such an expert?

Congrats, I played baseball for 12 years myself. I have also coached baseball for the last 10 years.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Look at the piss fly...  ::)

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Back to the DRays talk (which is the first on this board in a while), they finally do have a solid base, with more to come. I see them improving this year, the exciting thing will be, is to see once Namoili is out, whether the new owner will spend the money to compliment the youngsters on the team with some talented veterans. I still think the DRays missed the boat this offseason with Beltre. In my mind, there wasnt a more perfect free agent out there to add to this team than him. A powerhitter, whos young, and a 3B (who this club desperately needs). What more could have you asked for?

I agree about Beltre, I was hopeful the Rays would land him just as I was hopeful last season they would land sheffield, unfortunately the big name guys only seem to want to come here to finish thier career.  

I am hoping they give Young a shot at a starting job.  He has looked good this spring.