• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

B-R-A-Z-E-L-T-O-N

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

Brazelton has been named the opening day starter!  Go Rays!  80 wins in '05!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

05 and 06 combined maybe ;)

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

05 and 06 combined maybe ;)

action-smiley-081.gif

;D ;D

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

I'm more excited about Kazmir.  This guy is said to be the best pitching prospect since D Gooden!  He can throw in the mid 90's and looked very impressive in a few outings last year.  He is the real deal.  Something to build around.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

I'm more excited about Kazmir.  This guy is said to be the best pitching prospect since D Gooden!  He can throw in the mid 90's and looked very impressive in a few outings last year.  He is the real deal.  Something to build around.

Best prospect since Gooden? Then why did the mets trade him for an end of the rotation starter? This kid is not even close to one of the best pitching prospects the last ten years, Mark Prior, Josh Beckett, list goes on and on.  This kid could be a #1 starter though.

The kid is good... he was one of the only pitchers in the league to dominate the sox lineup every time he faced them.  I was impressed by his movement and speed.  He will be the #1 starter at some point, maybe sometime this year.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Best prospect since Gooden? Then why did the mets trade him for an end of the rotation starter?

The same reason they overpaid for Pedro Martinez.  Omar Minaya is running the team, and he's an idiot.  He's stockpiling and overpaying for Latin talent, for some reason.  Who knows.

The Rays flat out STOLE the best prospect in baseball.  It was a great trade.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

Great point UCFEI, KR obviosly doesnt know baseball.  And just to clarify I am not the one who said he was the best pitching prospect since D Gooden, numerous sports reporters quoted scouts and managers who made the comparison when the trade to the Rays went through.  Give this guy a year or 2 and he will have a breakout year like Santana did last season, and he will be the guy the Rays build around.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

Great point UCFEI, KR obviosly doesnt know baseball.  And just to clarify I am not the one who said he was the best pitching prospect since D Gooden, numerous sports reporters quoted scouts and managers who made the comparison when the trade to the Rays went through.  Give this guy a year or 2 and he will have a breakout year like Santana did last season, and he will be the guy the Rays build around.

I know baseball better then you ever will. I said I think the kid could be a #1 starter. I also said he is not one of the top prospects of last 10 years. I was not saying he is not one of top current prospects as he is, I just dont think he is the best since Gooden over 20 years ago. He is no Mark Prior or Josh Beckett or numerous others.  He may have a breakout year and be a stud as he should be but he may just be another Ray who ends up underachieving. Matt White was one of top pitching prospects since the Doc and how is he doing.  There are quite a few stud young pitchers with the same upside as Kaz right now.  I saw Kaz pitch a few times last year and he looked great against the sox. I also saw him not find the plate against Toronto and Detroit I believe it was. He is very young so you never know.  It was a great trade for the Rays but they have a few years before it matters and by then a lot of these young guys are going to be in line for pay days so lets see if the rays open the wallets or let them walk.