• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quote of the Day

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  0

This is from a story about Oakland in todays St Pete Times:

Oh, Kampe will tell you his team was better than its record. Isn't everyone? Oakland had lost games at Michigan State, at Illinois, at Texas A&M.

"If we had just wanted to win games," he said, "we would have come down there and played Rollins College or Florida State. But if we do play North Carolina, we won't be afraid, because we've played a great schedule."

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/03/15/Columns/Meet_the_Grizzlies__a.shtml

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

That is hilarious.....at least he didn't lump is into that blast! Wonder what FSU thought of being lumped in with the likes of Rollins College athletics.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

He knows USF is better at hoops right now than FSU. Funny how FSU struggled this season because they had a few good recruiting classes under Hamilton. It just goes to show that recruiting is not the whole part of success in college basketball. You really have to have team chemistry and a system that works which is why I am glad USF has McCullum as coach.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

He knows USF is better at hoops right now than FSU. Funny how FSU struggled this season because they had a few good recruiting classes under Hamilton. It just goes to show that recruiting is not the whole part of success in college basketball. You really have to have team chemistry and a system that works which is why I am glad USF has McCullum as coach.

If USF has a better program than FSU right now somebody forgot to send the memo to everyone.

This is reminscent of UCFers saying that their program has passed us by b/c they have won a bunch of meaningless games in the ASUC.

USF .....used to be better.... than Miami and FSU just a few years ago. That is why both those teams stopped playing USF. However we are clearly rebuilding while UM & FSU are much farther ahead in retooling their programs.

It will be a disappointment if we are not competing with those other two programs in the next 4 years.

Forget UF for a while unless Eddie munster leaves or gets his program on probabation. They are in another league right now.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Cyber,

At least USF is not busy losing to teams like FIU and Texas A&M @ Corpus Christ like FSU did this past season. Sure, FSU has a lot more talent than USF, but our coaching staff did better than Hamilton's staff. If FSU does not turn it around fast then they may be looking for a new coach IMO. FSU has the better facilities and some McDonald ALL-Americans, but that did not amount to anything this season. I will stand by my opinion in that USF would beat FSU right now if they were to play.  Now, you will see USF get some more bones thrown our way because of the BIG EAST conference and Doug Woolard.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Cyber,

At least USF is not busy losing to teams like FIU and Texas A&M @ Corpus Christ like FSU did this past season. Sure, FSU has a lot more talent than USF, but our coaching staff did better than Hamilton's staff. If FSU does not turn it around fast then they may be looking for a new coach IMO. FSU has the better facilities and some McDonald ALL-Americans, but that did not amount to anything this season. I will stand by my opinion in that USF would beat FSU right now if they were to play.  Now, you will see USF get some more bones thrown our way because of the BIG EAST conference and Doug Woolard.

What?  We lost to some very BAD teams this year and we got absolutely mopped up by some mediocre teams.....I think the last week of this season has clouded a lot of people's vision.  I love USF but FSU would smoke us right now.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

fsu a cut above in talent

a cut behind in coaching and effort

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

Both USF and FSU suck right now.... end of fight.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Sheesh, can we stop bickering about the state of the basketball program for two seconds and just enjoy a good laugh at the expense of an instate school that jolly well deserves to be laughed at?

"We could have played Rollins or Florida State, but we wanted to play good teams." That's hilarious.