• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So who's your favorite big boy team?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  102
  • Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

Now that USF has relegated itself to B-list status for the next decade, look's like I'm going back to having two favorite teams - one major program (I used to be a Miami fan; guess I'll go back to that unless one of my kids ends up at a major football school) who's competitive at a national level, and then USF, who maybe one day will be able to compete with the big boys.

What's the consensus for the favorite big boy school? My ranking:

1. Miami

2. California Golden Bears (personal reasons)

3. UF <> FSU. I'm not tied to either, and will support either over a non-Florida school, except the above.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I've never been a fan of another school even before we had football. college football fan sure. won't start now.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  0

Guess what guys? Schools have occasional bad seasons. In fact, all those schools you listed have had several terrible years.

We made a bad coaching hire and had a couple bad seasons. The sky is not falling. The program is not dead. Time to hire a new staff (maybe HC as well) and fix this.

NCAA Football is a roller coaster and right now we are at the bottom. But we will go back up (and back down), it's the nature of the sport.

But if you want to act like one sucky year erases everything this school accomplished.... Go ahead.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  2

Now that USF has relegated itself to B-list status for the next decade, look's like I'm going back to having two favorite teams - one major program (I used to be a Miami fan; guess I'll go back to that unless one of my kids ends up at a major football school) who's competitive at a national level, and then USF, who maybe one day will be able to compete with the big boys.

What's the consensus for the favorite big boy school? My ranking:

1. Miami

2. California Golden Bears (personal reasons)

3. UF <> FSU. I'm not tied to either, and will support either over a non-Florida school, except the above.

Miami is not a big boy either

• Topic Count:  102
  • Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

This isn't one sucky year. This is the continuation of a downward spiral, and in a conference with other also-rans. I wish it wasn't so, but it is. I hope and believe USF can one day be a major player, but it will take at least a decade of consistent winning.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  370
  • Days Won:  0

This isn't one sucky year. This is the continuation of a downward spiral, and in a conference with other also-rans. I wish it wasn't so, but it is. I hope and believe USF can one day be a major player, but it will take at least a decade of consistent winning.

I remember when we did have a decade of consistent winning and when many thought (even nationally) we were a major player. Oh how the times have changed

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Middle Tennessee State, Go Blue Raiders!