• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Here's the deal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Duke today became bowl eligible for the 1st time since 1992. Duke is a venerated college institution in one of the "big 5" conferences. You know what? If they can stomach that, I can stick with the program through 2 losing seasons. I think we are disorganized, dysfunctional and poorly coached right now, but that is a common condition in NCAA FB. Our other sports are rising meteorically and

football is a new staff away from being a powerhouse. Believe this, I am going to live with this in my heart and then it will happen.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

Duke today became bowl eligible for the 1st time since 1992. Duke is a venerated college institution in one of the "big 5" conferences. You know what? If they can stomach that, I can stick with the program through 2 losing seasons. I think we are disorganized, dysfunctional and poorly coached right now, but that is a common condition in NCAA FB. Our other sports are rising meteorically and

football is a new staff away from being a powerhouse. Believe this, I am going to live with this in my heart and then it will happen.

not the best example if you are hoping we turn this around quickly
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

not the best example if you are hoping we turn this around quickly

It's not THAT bad. It was 94 not 92. ;)

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Duke's team was total garbage for years. Huge blow outs. USF has a wave of anxiety about getting wins, INTs etc that is affecting how they play. That is the deal. If they were poorly coached they would be constantly blown out. That's not the case at all. That is why Skip got a raise because other programs were coming after him big time and letting him go last season when it seemed he is so close to putting the team in a BCS bowl didn't seem wise. The team gets emotional and someone blows a key play. They don't think about the play and are more worried about expectations and losing streaks and what people think than concentrating on execution. It isn't all game long, its at the end when the anxiety to win in a close game keeps coming in and its not every player. But for whatever reason, one or two players on one or two plays is killing USF and just can't be shaken. Getting all these seniors out and starting fresh may be just what's needed. Or a coaching change. Or mass hypnosis.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

Duke's team was total garbage for years. Huge blow outs. USF has a wave of anxiety about getting wins, INTs etc that is affecting how they play. That is the deal. If they were poorly coached they would be constantly blown out. That's not the case at all. That is why Skip got a raise because other programs were coming after him big time and letting him go last season when it seemed he is so close to putting the team in a BCS bowl didn't seem wise. The team gets emotional and someone blows a key play. They don't think about the play and are more worried about expectations and losing streaks and what people think than concentrating on execution. It isn't all game long, its at the end when the anxiety to win in a close game keeps coming in and its not every player. But for whatever reason, one or two players on one or two plays is killing USF and just can't be shaken. Getting all these seniors out and starting fresh may be just what's needed. Or a coaching change. Or mass hypnosis.

Yes, taking a Senior laden team with 15 returning starters was a really bad deal for Skip. He needs a chance to get some underclassmen in skill positions and in leadership roles.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

You can believe this if you wish. We are not Duke. We are a Florida school in an area with a hot bed of talent which we are losing to other schools and competing with the likes of Sunbel, MAC and CUSA teams for recruits- thats coaching.