• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Calling all Bulls, a fellow Bull needs your help!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

I am putting this here despite being slightly off topic because this is where the most traffic is. It does have to do with USF, and with athletics, just not USF athletics.

Anyway, I am organizing a charity wheelchair basketball event for my honor society that will take place on November 9th. We will have some USF students on each team, and some paralympic athletes on each team. The game is to benefit Paralympic Sport of Tampa Bay. They are a county funded program and as I'm sure most of you know, funds for programs like these are limited.

The age range of the kids that will be participating with us will be 12 years old and up. These are some great kids who do not let physical disabilities get in the way of them being amazing athletes! Basketball is just one sport they do there, they also do archery, 5K races and various other sports.

Everyone who is participating is raising money by hitting the streets and getting anyone that they can to donate money, and everyone is invited to come watch the game that night and cheer everyone on, whether you donate or not.

If anyone would like to donate to help out this great program, or would like to come to the game, send me a message and I can give you more details. Cash or checks are accepted and if you message me and want to donate with a check I can let you know who to make it out to. (NOT me of course)

Also, if you feel more comfortable donating money for the game in person, there are two home football games before the date of this basketball event and I would be more than happy to meet up with anyone who would like to donate before either of those games.

One last thing, if anyone knows of a business or works for a company that you think would like to get involved, you can message me that information as well.

Thanks guys for reading this and I hope to be hearing from some of you!

T.J.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

A couple of suggestions.

1. Make a few signs and just go thru the parking lot before the games. People will donate.

2. Maybe go to one of the away game tailgates and solicit there. ie. Selmon's, Capogna's, Pasco...

3. 50/50 Raffle - free money.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

Just a suggestion from someone who raises money for a living and I applaud your efforts and willingness to stand up for a cause, but people can be a little hesitant to donate money through a message board. I might suggest utilizing a sight like giveforward.com or other similar sights where you can provide information that will answer people questions and it also provides a place for people to go to give. They might feel more comfortable and it might raise more money. Just a suggestion but if you'd like any other assistance, I'd be more than willing to meet with you in person. I am on campus of course. Again, I applaud your efforts and willingness to be involved!

Eric

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I had considered the fact that people might be hesistant on a messageboard but figured I'd try. I also thought about getting some of the students to try to get donations at the games. I had not, however, thought about a 50/50 raffle which is a good idea or using the giveforward website. Those are great suggestions guys, thanks!

Hopefully we will be able to raise a lot of money for this organization!