• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Special Teams - Kick Return and Punt Return

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/kickoff-return-unit-leaves-usf-bulls-in-a-hole/1254436

We need to designate a coach solely to this Unit. Vernon is a great Defensive Ends coach, but he has his hands filled at this position and from the results on the field it appears he has designated little attention to this area; which needs much improvement. I know some are going to say that is not practical and that many other programs split this area with two coaches, but in our case it is needed. My concern is that Vernon starts to spend more time on special teams, which is needed, but then takes away from our defensive ends.

Temple is going to be hungry to win their first BE conference game (at least this go around at it). I hope after 5 games we are able to finally get out all the wrinkles.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Vernon is not a great DE coach.

As for KR, watch a couple on tv. Then rewind and watch again. Then count of the 11 opponents running downfield how many get blocked well. The answer is less than or equal to 7. Every time.