• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Jose Fernandez

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  15
  • Days Won:  0

Locally Jose keeps saying this team will be special. I hope so because his colleagues think the team will be mediocre AGAIN. Pre-Season 9th and ZERO players on the All-Big East Team or Honorable Mention. Another average year = fire Jose!!

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  9

Wow, you won't let it die! So, your daughter scrimmages with the team in open gym ( I doubt it). You are close enough to his colleagues to know what they think (unlikely). I have to believe that there is more to this than just a fan's reaction. This is a personal vendetta. What did Jose do to you that has made you so upset to want to have him fired? How can you be so callous to want someone to lose their livelihood? Instead of hiding behind a computer screen and firing off meaningless false statements why not SCHEDULE a meeting with him at the Bungalow Bistro in Seminole Heights.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

this thread just gets dumber and dumber

this reminds of the time some football walkon recruits mom got on here and was po'd that her son didn't get a slot on the Bulls team and then went to FIU. I guess had her son stuck around campus, she would have started one of these goofball threads.

I don't feel terrible losing a local recruit to Georgetown-- think of it this way: if you grew up here and had the chance to go somewhere interesting with a better program, why would you stay? Some people just need to get away from the folks. Some can't live without them. Some don't realize how much they miss them until they are separated from them.

anyway - I don't expect really big things from women's basketball this or really any year. And I'm not losing any sleep thinking about it. Jose has had some good times -- the best USF has ever had-- and that should mean something. If anyone can get them back to that type of out put again, my guess is it is someone as dedicated to the program as he is.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

If they fire Fernandez, I bet they can get Bob Huggins to be his replacement!

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  15

Let me know when and I would be glad to meet him anywhere and talk basketball and his philosophy. Maybe I can help him get his passion back. He was great when he had the passion, but his demeanor has changed the last few years. Especially since they won the WNIT. Maybe he is resting on his laurels. I just want the bulls to be successful. If Jose can turn back the clock to his old self then so be it.

Edited by firejosefernandez

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  9

Well, call him! Since, he doesn't know who you are. So. now you know he has lost his passion. How do you know that? Do you go to practices? Have you been out recruiting with him? Please tell. Your observation would be like a middle school student going home and telling their parents that their teacher isn't preparing them.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Let me know when and I would be glad to meet him anywhere and talk basketball and his philosophy. Maybe I can help him get his passion back. He was great when he had the passion, but his demeanor has changed the last few years. Especially since they won the WNIT. Maybe he is resting on his laurels. I just want the bulls to be successful. If Jose can turn back the clock to his old self then so be it.

Here's your chance...I'm surprised such a big fan like you didn't get the following email.

Happy Hoops Season!

That’s right, the 2012-13 USF Women’s Basketball Season is just around the corner. Last year, each of you were generous enough to further support our women’s basketball program by becoming a member of its Coach’s Club.

This year, Coach Fernandez and his staff have some great new opportunities in store for the members. Our first event will be held on Monday, October 29th from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the club area of the newly renovated Sun Dome, so please mark your calendars if you plan on joining again this year.

Later this week, you should receive in the mail a renewal opportunity to support the Women’s Basketball Coach’s Club We hope you’ll join once again and invite your friends to help us grow this group and the support for Coach Fernandez and the team.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me using the information below. Thanks again everyone.

Eric Soncrant

Assistant Athletic Director

Executive Director - USF Bulls Club

soncrant@admin.usf.edu

(813) 974-3481

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

I will be there on the 29th.

bag on head?
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

Sorry to step in, but mviusa is just ignorant here. He cites what Georgetown did in the 2009 Women's NIT, but neglects to mention the last three years: 26-7, 24-11, 23-9 -- three trips to NCAA Tournament, including Sweet 16 in 2011. The Hoyas have been a top 25 team the last five times USF played them -- including an upset win for the Bulls in 2011 in Tampa.

Absolutely, it would have been huge for USF to keep Faith Woodard at home, but Georgetown has been one of the Big East's best women's basketball programs in the last three years, so it's not a shock to lose a top recruit to the Hoyas.

I remember there was maybe 100 fans at that game including 7-10 of us students going crazy that entire game and truly made an impact in the upset. We got the Hoyas to shoot early on shot clock twice when we were yelling fake shot clock