• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FSU the best we've faced?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Is this FSU team the best team we have faced in the history of our program? Is it the highest ranked team?

What is your take?

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

In my opinion, the best team we faced was Oregon in 2007. They were #1. Then their QB blew out his ACL and they dropped three games to end the season while they were churning through their back-ups to find a QB solution.

They coached up a QB in the 20-some odd days before the Sun Bol and dropped 50+ on us. USF's best team in history was outclassed by them in every facet.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  297
  • Days Won:  2

If you consider juxtaposing us next to them, based on our current personnel, then yes.

There are no weak links on that team. Their defense was caught off guard last night and gave up a few big plays, but then again, that's vs. a notable Clemson team. They toughened up and made adjustments on both sides of the ball

In our case, their speed, consistency, and power are dangerous weapons. We will be outmatched, outcoached, and outclassed in every category.

Sadly, I'm drinking the Kool-Aid on this one and I believe they are everything the media are making them out to be. They remind me of the '09 Gators that we unstoppable until somebody figured out how to stop Tebow -- however, this FSU team looks like they have it all figured out because UF's team seemed to be inept in offense other than some lucky strikes

EJ mentioned that coming into the clemson game they used less than 4% of their playbook.

This will be the best team we've ever played

• Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  297
  • Days Won:  2

In my opinion, the best team we faced was Oregon in 2007. They were #1. Then their QB blew out his ACL and they dropped three games to end the season while they were churning through their back-ups to find a QB solution.

They coached up a QB in the 20-some odd days before the Sun Bol and dropped 50+ on us. USF's best team in history was outclassed by them in every facet.

Eh, 2007 was not an impressive season by anyone. Remember the curse of #2? Even a 2-loss LSU went to the national championship

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

at home, yes

close call between them and 2002 OU on the road though - Oregon in 2007 was decent but a butt whipping is not what you asked about and that team without their #1QB was not as strong as OU. Our team played a great game (ahead on all the stats) just to keep it close with OU.

they will be the highest ranked home opponent

• Upvote 1