• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woolard, Holtz and Genshaft are all in this boat together

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Genshaft, Woolard, and Holtz are all in this boat together. (Or should I say in the late night private jet together.)

I have to assume that the USF athletic department and the USF president, understanding that football funds most of the other sports believe that Skip Holtz is going to take this program to the next level. With the next level means more revenue. So when there were rumors that Skip may leave for another job they went "nuts" and gave him a contract extension on a "5-7" losing season thinking it was an anomaly. Well through the first four games of this year that anomaly looks more like normalcy.

I am sure there is a fair amount of debt on the books for the updated basketball area, the football practice fields, and the updated baseball and softball fields. I am willing to assume that the football program is the key to paying off that debt, hence the reason why Holtz gets paid more than Genshaft and Woolard combined.

I think it is time to start cutting back. No more Vero until you earn it. Based on current on field production it does not appear to make a difference.