• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Re-Visiting the OCS Discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah...About 500 colleges and universities across the nation have an OCS while only 3 or 4 do not. I guess the rest of the nation is simply not as smart as Judy and Doug.

How many that are located close to NFL or municipal stadiums built their own in the last 20 years?

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

USC, Miami, Temple, Pitt, USF, Play in Pro Stadiums. Thats more than 3-4 teams and Im sure there are more.

Even Pro Teams share stadiums, Look at the Jets and Giants, (play in NJ) in a shared stadium.

It does not make sense to put 300-400 million on the backs of tax payers or fans in this economy.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  453
  • Days Won:  1

I hate driving to Rayjay for games, but I love football. Lots of people hate driving to rayjay and think football is boring. They go because tailgating is fun. Bring tailgating to campus and student attendance will skyrocket.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

The game its self should be enough to get the students there. (yet Sat the Student section in the corners and upper deck were empty) Students also have free transportation to and from the game. No parking hassles, nothing to worry about but to show up and they couldnt even show up for FSU.

Students like some Season Ticket holders even sold out on Craigslist and Stubhub.. SAD

Student attendance might go up in an OCS. However students wont cover the cost of a New stadium. That cost will fall on Donors and season ticket holders.

Students dont typically buy road games or Bowl games, Its the donors, and season ticket holders.

Money is the issue here. Students dont pay for games!!!!!

Edited by Dhambuc

I hate driving to Rayjay for games, but I love football. Lots of people hate driving to rayjay and think football is boring. They go because tailgating is fun. Bring tailgating to campus and student attendance will skyrocket.

I would hate driving to campus for games, RJS is closer (and more comfortable) to me and much more accessible (ingress and egress parking wise)...an OCS on the present campus would be a nightmare in that respect. if you've ever been to a sellout at the Dome you know that's a fact. That doesn't mean I can't see the upside to an OCS, or the downside to playing at the RJ.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

USC, Miami, Temple, Pitt, USF, Play in Pro Stadiums. Thats more than 3-4 teams and Im sure there are more.

Even Pro Teams share stadiums, Look at the Jets and Giants, (play in NJ) in a shared stadium.

It does not make sense to put 300-400 million on the backs of tax payers or fans in this economy.

Where was anyone advocating a new stadium be paid for with tax money?

The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum is not technically "an NFL stadium."

The Coliseum opened its doors to Los Angeles in June of 1923. Some 5 months later, on October 6,1923, the first football game was played in the stadium, with the University of Southern California hosting Pomona College before a crowd of 12,836, with the Trojans prevailing, 23-7. It was a modest beginning for a venue that would later play a very prominent role in college and professional football.

The Coliseum has served as the home field for the University of Southern California Trojans since 1923. Additionally, countless historic events have taken place inside these venerable walls during nine decades of celebrated history. It is the only facility in the world to play host to two Olympiads (X and XXIII), two Super Bowls (I and VII) and one World Series (1959).

Yeah...About 500 colleges and universities across the nation have an OCS while only 3 or 4 do not. I guess the rest of the nation is simply not as smart as Judy and Doug.

How many that are located close to NFL or municipal stadiums built their own in the last 20 years?

Without doing a search FIU, North Texas and FAU comes to mind.

http://www.fau.edu/stadium/

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

I will never understand why people give a crap about where the stadium your team plays in is located. It is SIX or SEVEN times a year people.

other than that it just sits there taking up space and costing money to maintain. I don't buy a boat to go out on the water 6 times a year-- I would charter one or rent one because I CAN. Gainesville had no choice. Plenty of schools had no choice but to make theor own stadium happen. The ones in cities with NFL teams take advantage of the situation. Foolish not too.

Next time you go on a trip-- buy the house--- I mean, you might be there 6 -10 days. And you can always come back next year.

all this talk about strolling through campus is just asinine - will you sign my yearbook? see you at the sock hop. Grow up people

The world according to MikeG.

So which university did you attend that had an OCS?

Illinois before I came to USF

1. The game its self should be enough to get the students there. (yet Sat the Student section in the corners and upper deck were empty) Students also have free transportation to and from the game. No parking hassles, nothing to worry about but to show up and they couldnt even show up for FSU.

2. Students like some Season Ticket holders even sold out on Craigslist and Stubhub.. SAD

3. Student attendance might go up in an OCS. However students wont cover the cost of a New stadium. That cost will fall on Donors and season ticket holders.

4. Students dont typically buy road games or Bowl games, Its the donors, and season ticket holders.

5. Money is the issue here. Students dont pay for games!!!!!

1. You're either interested in football or you're not. Do you know why 205 and 206 totally empty for the longest time?

2. SAD, but not unexpected considering the state of the program, and the expectation of a blood bath at the hands of the highly rated Seminoles.

3. It could go down, if students who are only interested in partying (tailgating) and/or socializing on the party deck...don't enter the stadium.

4. I don't see that as relevant to an OCS.

5. Yes, money is the issue, but students are paying for tickets (athletic fees put cash in the AD's pocket) whether they want to or not.

The game its self should be enough to get the students there. (yet Sat the Student section in the corners and upper deck were empty) Students also have free transportation to and from the game. No parking hassles, nothing to worry about but to show up and they couldnt even show up for FSU.

Students like some Season Ticket holders even sold out on Craigslist and Stubhub.. SAD

Student attendance might go up in an OCS. However students wont cover the cost of a New stadium. That cost will fall on Donors and season ticket holders.

Students dont typically buy road games or Bowl games, Its the donors, and season ticket holders.

The students of North Texas voted overwhelmingly to increase their athletic fees to help pay for their new stadium...

October, 2008 - Students vote on a referendum to increase the athletics fee to help pay for a new football stadium. In one of the largest turnouts in school history, the referendum is approved by a 58-42 percent margin.

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=205425442