• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marcus Shaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Does anyone remember the last time we threw to a RB? This offense is so one dimensional, you can see it coming from Kansas. Fitch has really underwhelmed me and continues to do so. He is Cro-Magnon man when it comes to offensive play calling. Nothing over the middle, nothing to the backs, little if nothing on deep patterns, no reverses, no bootlegs, no pitches, no shovel passes and really limited on the QB draw, no Tebowesque misdirection runs for QB and play action looks like a Charlie Chaplin silent Movie. Our RBs rountinely collide with the QB on hand offs, I have yet to see what CSH sees in Fitch. Blind loyalty? He has several things down pat. Bubble screens, fade routes, sideline routes which BJ can't complete in pressure situations and runs into non existent holes in the line. BJ racks up all his yardage when it doesn't count. When the pressure comes, the options narrow and he can't come through.

Pretty hard to judge this year's playbook, when we are up against our weakest opponent of the season. I would expect that we wouldn't show much in this game. I know we had at least one trick play and Hopkins got nailed behind the line of scrimmage.

Fair comment, relative to this game, but I was also looking back to last year. I think they need to open it up a bit, or more than a bit.

I understand very well.

I'm TRYING not to look back. LOL

Sage advice.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Also, we need to bear in mind that not only was our O-Line very young with some starters out, but we got a lot of other young players to see the field for the first time.

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

By my count, 28 Bulls made their USF debut on Saturday, including three true freshmen; DE Eric Lee, WR D'vario Montgomery, TE Sean Price.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

There are times I come on the board and wonder what game people are watching.....

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

that has been another one of his problems. willie davis did look pretty good though too. sad that we are going to try and redshirt Lamar.

hopefully we have a solid RB recruit next year from JuCo.

You won't think it sad next year when USF needs depth at RB.

that's why i said i hope we go the JuCo route....either that or get a Marcus Lattimore type player but I don't see that happening.

I just feel bad for Lamar since all we heard about all Spring was how great he was looking, Skip brought him to the Chamber luncheon and had him talk for a minute. Skip raved about how much size he put on and how he was still able to keep his explosiveness.....you can tell Lindsey was excited and ready to play...then boom....lets redshirt.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

I can no longer say we are just being vanilla against these opponents because year in and year out we dont see any scheme change. Our WR's run the worst routes in the country. We have failed to create plays that fool the defense and get them moving. We do not catch the ball with space to run. Most of our passes result in the wr getting drilled instantly. I sometimes wonder if people truly watch and see whats going on. On several plays bj dropped back and every receiver had his back to the qb running intermediate to deep routes. One in particular was third and short. How about moving guys, putting them in motion, underneath routes, drags, slants, backs out of the backfield, tight ends right up the middle. This is big time college football and I truly feel we do not get the most out of our passing game. It isnt bj's fault. Far worse qb's even ones that face our defense pass better because of schemes. It comes down to the offensive coordinator. We have yet to see the improvement. Im hoping it comes because with these weapons at wr id hate to see it wasted.