• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Mac just...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  100
  • Days Won:  0

trumped everything Seth did his whole time here, in one night.  Props to Coaches and the Players.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,408
  • Days Won:  43

To be fair, Coach Mac needs to get USF on the bubble and get a few NIT bids to really pass Seth up IMO. It will be tougher in the BIG EAST, but it will be that much sweeter. I hope you all realise that the BIG EAST will make USF a better basketball team dispite all the beatings that we will take. I wont be surprised if USF starts kicking azz in the out of conference teams in the next few years after getting schooled in the BIG EAST.

Guest wildrover

Conference USA but what 6 teams in the dance last year?  Don't get me wrong I'm all about the move but when it comes to basketball we definitley had some teams in CUSA That could make us a better team.  the drubbings are going to come I know but I'd like to think the beatings we took the last couple will help improve us as well.  

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

i hope it helps us and we don't become like fsu

win a big game now and then but overall just stink

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,408
  • Days Won:  43

Lets be fair to FSU too. They did make the elite eight under Coach Pat Kennedy during the 90's. As a USF fan, I would kill for that to happen. LOL.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

To be fair, Coach Mac needs to get USF on the bubble and get a few NIT bids to really pass Seth up IMO. It will be tougher in the BIG EAST, but it will be that much sweeter. I hope you all realise that the BIG EAST will make USF a better basketball team dispite all the beatings that we will take. I wont be surprised if USF starts kicking azz in the out of conference teams in the next few years after getting schooled in the BIG EAST.

whooooh.....there partner.

That sounds carelessly objective about the standard we need to hold this program to, regardless of who is the coach.

CRM still has a lot of work to do. However, let us not forget that USF used to be able to regularly compete and win games against mid-level BE teams during the Paschal's & Greenberg's hey days.  What that means if CRM can fall into some good players we should at least be able to compete to be middle of the pack BE within two years.

The big question is if he can't these kind of players on campus and  keep them in the program. I hope CRM lives up to the "great young coach you never heard about" tag given to him by the BE's Mike Tranghsee.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

Lets be fair to FSU too. They did make the elite eight under Coach Pat Kennedy during the 90's. As a USF fan, I would kill for that to happen. LOL.

true, but for the most part they are cellar dwellers in the ACC

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

CB, you frequently mention recruiting, but let's face it: USF is not going to out-recruit Syracuse, Louisville, Cincinnati, Connecticut, et al. We need Big East caliber players, yes, but we also need a coach that can build a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. Last night's win was a small indication of that.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

USF is not going to out-recruit Syracuse, Louisville, Cincinnati, Connecticut, et al.

I don't think we should try & compete with that either, at least not right out of the gate. USF should be looking to get past schools like Seton Hall, Rutgers, Providence etc. and then take it from there. To be realistic there aren't too many chances to grab a win in the Big East and you have to recognize and take advantage of each opportunity, as rare as it may be. Those opportunities will become more and more frequent as the team builds talent and confidence.