• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's Time to Support Coach Mac & Co. (Why?)

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

The VTech logic?  VTech has beaten DUKE and MARYLAND!  And their record is against an ACC schedule.  Those teams you listed don't have any quality wins of that calibre.

VTech has an RPI of 120 so apparently they had some bad losses in there, too ....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Prek, Collins, Jones (Add 15 lbs for God sake son!), Buckley (If as good as touted.) and Mosely (I pray for a 100% recovery.) is a solid core for 2005-2006.  Again depth is going to be a concern along with the No. 1 & No. 5.  Maybe Brandon's Caan can contribute immediately leaving Jones and Diarra to share the No. 5.  A 0.500 finish would be a successful campaign IMO.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

very successful!  

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

Cyber, I don't think there are many who have blind faith in CRM. Most are just saying just give the man a decent chance. He hasn't proven he can he can make us competitive in the Big East but he hasn't proven he can't either, no matter what certain knuckleheads say. At the end of his fourth year, it will be more clear if he can or can't ......... IMO.

Just for the record I have never seriously suggested that CRM can't get it done. However, the clock is ticking and if he doesn't score some BE quality recruits this Spring or at the very latest by next November's early signing period I am ready to move on. If we fail to secure some top notch BE talent this calendar year we are going to be hurting for at least another 3 or 4 years.

Unlike certain fans that post on this board, I am not rooting against him b/c that is basically like rooting for yourself.

Guest BasketBull.

All the naysayers, if you get your way -and the program does go down the tube- will you be jumping for joy?

I think there are two choices: Be positive and pull for the Bulls to succeed or don't. But negative talk is just bad while a the program is undergoing reconstruction.

The last coach had 7 years...

The last coach had 7 years...

I think that quote speaks for itself and perfectly illustrates why we can't accept mediocrity for too long.  Four years is enough to get a program going in the right direction.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just for the record I have never seriously suggested that CRM can't get it done. However, the clock is ticking and if he doesn't score some BE quality recruits this Spring or at the very latest by next November's early signing period I am ready to move on. If we fail to secure some top notch BE talent this calendar year we are going to be hurting for at least another 3 or 4 years.

Unlike certain fans that post on this board, I am not rooting against him b/c that is basically like rooting for yourself.

Don't you think we should be more concerned with the results on the floor? I could care less if we have the 200th ranked recruiting class as long as we win on the court. I think he showed progress this year. Everyone needs to give him credit for that. Until we show signs of regressing he should be our coach.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Don't you think we should be more concerned with the results on the floor? I could care less if we have the 200th ranked recruiting class as long as we win on the court. I think he showed progress this year. Everyone needs to give him credit for that. Until we show signs of regressing he should be our coach.

Exactly ......... although it's going to be difficult this first year in the BE to tell if they regressed or not. There are no Tulanes, ECU's or USM's in there and with 3 new starters it's going to be rough. The fourth year will be the key ...

How often do 200th rank recruiting classes compete inthe  Big East? The point is that there is a direct correlation between recruiting well and winning games.

Follow the link to the Rivals Top 150 recruits. The majority of the teams listed are perenial winners. Do you see a connection?

2005 Top 150 Recruits

CRM seems to be a better X's & O's man than Seth but that is meaningless if he doesn't have enough talent to compete. Recruiting matters. Those who don't think so are just setting themselves up for disappointment. Afterall the goal is to win championships......right?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

How often do 200th rank recruiting classes compete inthe  Big East? The point is that there is a direct correlation between recruiting well and winning games.

Follow the link to the Rivals Top 150 recruits. The majority of the teams listed are perenial winners. Do you see a connection?

2005 Top 150 Recruits

CRM seems to be a better X's & O's man than Seth but that is meaningless if he doesn't have enough talent to compete. Recruiting matters. Those who don't think so are just setting themselves up for disappointment. Afterall the goal is to win championships......right?

I think that is a chicken and egg arguement. Does recruiting well produce winners or does winning attract good recruits?

I am more concerned with how we develop our talent than I am with where they rank on the Rivals recruiting list. I hate to tell you but Rivals rankings aren't the end all concerning talent evaluation. There are a million examples of lower ranked recruits developing into better talent than guys who were ranked higher than them.

I think that is why they actually play the games rather than present the Nat Champ to whoever had the highest Rivals  ranking.

Now looking at the top 150 list, do you think there is any coach out there we could hire for what we pay CRM and somehow expect him to get these types of recruits? After all we aren't a perrenial winner,yet.