• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737
  • Days Won:  0

Well this is some good news.....

Lawyer Confident Top USF Recruit Will Be Eligible

A Tribune staff, wire report

Published: Mar 3, 2005

TAMPA - Quarterback Carlton Hill's 10-day suspension from Monticello Jefferson County High ends today, and his lawyer is confident South Florida's top recruit will be ready - and eligible - to play this fall.

``I'm confident this will be resolved and will not inhibit Carlton Hill from playing college football at the University of South Florida in any manner,'' said David Collins, Hill's attorney.

Hill, 19, was suspended from Jefferson County Feb. 16 after being caught having consensual sex at the school with a 16-year old female. He was charged with a misdemeanor, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, Feb. 22.

Hill's arraignment is Tuesday.

Hill is expected to be assigned to an ``opportunity'' or ``alternative'' school Friday, allowing him to continue progressing toward graduation.

Jefferson County's school board meets March 14, and at that time County Superintendent Phil Barker can decide if further punishment is warranted for Hill.

The school board has several options it can take, including reinstating Hill to Jefferson County High or expulsion.

``I fully expect Carlton to re-enroll and be eligible for all phases and manners to play Bulls football,'' said Collins, also a Jefferson County assistant football coach last season.

Barker could not be reached for comment Wednesday. Hill and his mother, Christine Ford, have no comment, Collins said.

Hill was rated one of the nation's top quarterbacks after throwing for 1,764 yards, 20 touchdowns and eight interceptions as a senior. He also rushed for 888 yards, averaging 6.1 yards per carry, and 12 touchdowns.< Brett McMurphy <

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Oh crap, every kid does it... He unfortunately made the mistake all 19 year olds do, and didn't wait till he was in the back seat of his fathers car...  I Mean Come On Carlton, Do It Right !  

On the serious side, I'm very glad the whole 19 year old vs. 16 year old stat. **** thing didn't raise its ugly head.  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  80

Good for Carlton Hill if this situation is cleared up.  Now let's hope Carlton learns something from this experience and it is the last time.

``I fully expect Carlton to re-enroll and be eligible for all phases and manners to play Bulls football,'' said Collins

I assume Mr. Collins realize that Carlton Hill's life will have more than football in it .  If so, he should be more precise in choosing his words.

How about  graduating HS and then enrolling as a student at USF?  Take care of that and keep the athletics in perspective.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

sad story

banging a high school girl on school property is bad judgment

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Still concerned about the level of competition Carlton faced in HS.  I read where his HS is the only HS in the whole COUNTY!  Don't think he will be a contributor until his Jr. year.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

I wish I coulda banged some of the girls in high school on some of my teachers' desks, that woulda been awesome!

Guest wildrover

I wish I could of banged some of my teachers.  And from whats been in the news lately I kind of of wonder if that may have been a reality (I can dream can't I?)

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

God I hope this kid is not a thug...

NAM37

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

God I hope this kid is not a thug...

NAM37

From St. Pete Times:

In January 2000, (Carlton) Hill was arrested at Tallahassee's Swift Creek Middle School, charged with a misdemeanor count of battery after he pushed and "continuously" punched a classmate in the head in a hallway after class, according to police reports.

http://sptimes.com/2005/02/23/Sports/USF_star_recruit_char.shtml

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

From St. Pete Times:

In January 2000, (Carlton) Hill was arrested at Tallahassee's Swift Creek Middle School, charged with a misdemeanor count of battery after he pushed and "continuously" punched a classmate in the head in a hallway after class, according to police reports.

http://sptimes.com/2005/02/23/Sports/USF_star_recruit_char.shtml

Dude, I'm an IT computer dork and I got into a fight in 7th grade also....

NAM37