• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OMG! We are in the Big East!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Therefore, it is a highly educated opinion, not one based solely on my personal stances.

If that is to imply my commentary on this subject is based on my personal stance (which may or not be as highly educated as yours  ;D), you would be making an incorrect inference.  My comment is based on comments I have heard from those involved in the issue itself.  Whether their comments would be considered highly educated or personal, I can not remark.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

That wasn't my point, Brad.  My point was that I had to deal with the aftermath of getting beer in the dome.  In fact, it contributed to the fact that a certain vp of student affairs (she's no longer in the position) and I no longer saw eye to eye on anything.  There was serious animosity over simply allowing a vendor to serve beer to people.  there is a large contingent of administrators on that campus that believe they need to control the lives of the students to a very high degree, and they are anti-alcohol.

Actually, they weren't supposed to be drinking at GreenbergOpolis, and there were serious issues with that regard.

That certainly differs with my recollection of standing there while enjoying a number of cold ones - as a matter of fact there was even a keg there with one of the student groups.  I had a beer with on of the admins of USF.   The UP were in the parking lot to ensure nothing got out of hand - but as I recall, they were allowed to have the booze there.  Not that I really care, but I am sure someone actually there could confirm or deny this.  Maybe it changed.  But that night, they must have had permission of some sort.

That might have been the reason things changed... ;)

Well, you know Mike, things change...

If we are to continue to build strong programs and a presence in collegiate athletics, some things will need to change.

Just like the re-thinking of RJS vs. on-campus for the scrimmage at this time.  Or beer at campus events - whether big or small issues, re-thinking is fine.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  269
  • Days Won:  0

Okay, as amusing as this has been, I feel compelled to jump in.  You're correct, Bulliever, it's opinion.   It's also incorrect.   IF the scrimmage is moved to campus this year--and that's still a big IF--tailgating will be a primary part of the gig.   I love you guys, but some of you are making huge leaps of judgment with no facts.   The athletic department does not apologize for, nor are we embarrassed by, exploring ways to do things differently.  And, yes, we *do* think our students are important.  Besides being the reason we're here, they, collectively are the department's biggest donor and the future fan support for this program.  

Right now, there are a couple of options on the table for the scrimmage, and that's ALL they are--OPTIONS.  There are compelling cases for each.  No decision has been made, as of this writing.  When there is a decision, and the basic facts needed to promote the event are determined, the event will be promoted.  

In the meantime, thanks to those of you who are trying to keep the Mad Cow disease contained.  The vision for this program is not in peril because we're considering moving a scrimmage.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for your support.   Now back to your regularly scheduled . . . whatever it is.

Cheers.

Vicki

Vicki,

I think you, and others, may be taking opinions expressed to a higher degree than intended.  A thoughtful discussion of options is good, and that is what this is.  I don't think that anybody has put forth any notion that the "program is in peril" over this.

I hope that if you move this to the campus that you are able to make things happen that make everyone's concerns disappear.  In fact, I hope that this discussion helps to bring concerns to light before the event.

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

People gotta b**ch about something.

No, I think that people don't really want to hear opinions other than their own.  I see alot of that in this thread...

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

Same thing Mike... ;)