• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PF Kore White

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Decision approaching for forward Kore White 1056350.jpg

By Larry Weisbaum

USFNation.com

Posted Apr 27, 2012

Share on twitterShare on facebook| More Sharing ServicesMore

The 6-foot-8, 245-pound power forward played last season at Florida Atlantic, but is looking to transfer under the NCAA graduate exception rule and is close to making his decision.

With Stan Heath still trying to put the finishing touches on the 2012 class, the Bulls are still in play for forward Kore White, who took an official visit to USF two weeks ago.

The 6-foot-8, 245-pound power forward played last season at Florida Atlantic, but is looking to transfer under the NCAA graduate exception rule and is close to making his decision.

White said he’s highly interested in USF, but was also considering La Salle, DePaul, and Florida Gulf Coast as possible schools he’ll transfer to. With only one year of eligibility left, White said he has to make a good decision that best fits him, and make sure it’s a wise choice.

“I’m looking for a school where I’m actually needed, and where I can help the team tremendously.†said White. “I want to go someplace where I can fit in and can be that missing piece to the puzzle, and where I can be that key to the team. I’m looking for a team that is going to be good next year, but need someone like me to get them over the top.â€

White took an official visit to USF two weeks ago and then took one to La Salle last weekend. He planned on waiting until after his graduation from FAU, but with the USF visit and the La Salle visit completed he said he’s moved up his timetable.

“Next up is making my decision. I’ll probably decide next week sometime,†said White. “I’m still deciding between the schools I’ve listed.â€

http://southflorida.scout.com/2/1181600.html

Good. He'll give us some more depth and experience.

APRIL 30, 2012

FAU power forward commits to transfer to USF

USF men's basketball has added depth to its frontcourt for next season, picking up a commitment Monday from Kore White, a 6-foot-8 power forward who is a graduate transfer from Florida Atlantic.

White, who will have one year of eligibility with the Bulls, chose the Bulls over DePaul, La Salle and other transfer options. He averaged 7.7 points and 4.5 rebounds per game last season for the Owls.

Here's what we wrote three weeks ago in first reporting White's interest in transferring to USF. The Bulls still have one scholarship available for the incoming class, having lost out on Baltimore combo guard Sam Cassell, who has since signed with Maryland.

White will give USF another post player for the upcoming season, joining rising senior forward Toarlyn Fitzpatrick, incoming junior center Waverly Austin and redshirt freshman center Jordan Omogbehin, as well as incoming freshman forward Zach LeDay.

Posted by Greg Auman at 3:16:54 pm on April 30, 2012

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/fau-power-forward-commits-transfer-usf

Bulls land PF transfer Kore White 1056349.jpg

By Larry Weisbaum

USFNation.com

Posted Apr 30, 2012

Coach Heath and the Bulls received good news when forward Kore White committed to playing for the Bulls in 2012. The 6-foot-8, 245-pound power forward played last season at Florida Atlantic and will come in as a graduate transfer and be eligible to play in 2012.

Bulls Coach Stan Heath added another piece to the puzzle when forward Kore White, who took an official visit to USF two weeks ago committed to playing for the Bulls, adding much needed depth for the 2012-13 season.

The 6-foot-8, 245-pound power forward played last season at Florida Atlantic, but was looking to transfer under the NCAA graduate exception rule and decided that USF was the best fit for him.

“I made my decision and I’m going to play for USF,†said White. “I looked at all the options I had, and decide that USF was the best fit and the best option I had.â€

White, who averaged 7.7 points and 4.5 rebounds last season for FAU will have one year of eligibility with USF was also considering LaSalle, DePaul, and Florida Gulf Coast as possible schools he’ll transfer to, but ultimately chose the Bulls.

“I felt USF was the best fit because of what they offered me academically and also from a basketball standpoint,†said White. “I felt it was the best place for me to be able to come in and help a team that’s on the rise. And at the same time help me to get to the next level.â€

The Bulls finished 22-14 last season and made the NCAA tournament for the first time in twenty years, but needed to replace the loss of big men Augustus Gilchrist and Ron Anderson Jr. The addition of White will add depth and experience to the Bulls roster.

“I’m very happy with my decision and excited for next season,†said White. “I think we have a great team with all the pieces in place to go very far!â€

http://southflorida.scout.com/2/1182605.html

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Sources report Kore White committed to USF Today.

per Scout Tweet

yawn-1.gif

Archived