• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did Governor Scott split USF Poly from USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

The new Florida Poly University has no students, no faculty, no buildings, no accredidation, no president, no board of trustees, no federal financial aid, and now...maybe no land! School starts July 1, 2012 at Florida Poly? LOL

http://www2.tbo.com/news/2012/jun/08/9/land-dispute-may-halt-florida-polytechnic-universi-ar-413639/

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  332
  • Days Won:  1

As recently as a month ago I still saw signs on 92 calling it USF Poly. I have a feeling FSU knows what UF is up to as they seemed to have stepped up their presence in Lakeland.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

^ FSU? When'd they get mixed up in this? You mean USF?

UF president Machen announced his retirement a couple of days ago, he's supposed to continue at UF as a professor after finishing as president next summer. It's a long shot, but who knows--he said he likes the Poly idea, he could surprise everyone and take the president job at Florida Poly if he is ready for pain...he is a dentist !

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490

In my heart of hearts, I still believe Poly will be given to the Gators on a silver platter once it's "revealed" the process to get accreditation will be harder & take longer than they "originally thought"; (read: knew all along).

Alexander will be out of office by the time everything goes down, won't be able to be voted out or ridiculed for still being in office and will be richer for having helped his friends in Gainesville and selling the surrounding land around the campus to his friends in the state.

Sigh.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Am I the only one who doesn't give a $hit about USF poly?

Let's keep the focus on the Tampa campus.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Am I the only one who doesn't give a $hit about USF poly?

Let's keep the focus on the Tampa campus.

I know what you mean. I've never really cared for the satellite campuses. But this goes beyond that. This is USF funding being cut to pay for a new school in out backyard. FPU directly affects what happens at USF.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Agreed about cutting funding.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  332

UF president Machen announced his retirement a couple of days ago, he's supposed to continue at UF as a professor after finishing as president next summer. It's a long shot, but who knows--he said he likes the Poly idea, he could surprise everyone and take the president job at Florida Poly if he is ready for pain...he is a dentist !

No, I mean FSU. I've seen billboards around Lakeland for FSU recently. You figure that if UF stripped Poly from USF to make it their own, as the conspiracy theory goes, FSU is upping their game in Lakeland to make sure UF doesn't own it completely. Doesn't matter much though. There isn't anything good in Poke County. Let the Gators have Hicktown. I call that Hicktown and I'm from PC.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  271

No, I mean FSU. I've seen billboards around Lakeland for FSU recently. You figure that if UF stripped Poly from USF to make it their own, as the conspiracy theory goes, FSU is upping their game in Lakeland to make sure UF doesn't own it completely. Doesn't matter much though. There isn't anything good in Poke County. Let the Gators have Hicktown. I call that Hicktown and I'm from PC.

I disagree with that. I live in Lakeland and I'll fight to death before I let it become gator county. But USF Poly will become UF Poly. There's no doubting that.

And I've only seen one billboard for FSU around on here. On I4 just before the exit to the Polk Parkway. I assumed it was because of the upcoming game.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

But USF Poly will become UF Poly. There's no doubting that.

I'm curious if USF has any kind of legal recourse in this situation to prevent UF from essentially stealing the school.