• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

B.J, Intentional Grounding, and the Run

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

bj has never been that good

why we didnt bring in 2 new qbs to compete for the job was always a mystery too me

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

bj has never been that good

why we didnt bring in 2 new qbs to compete for the job was always a mystery too me

#16 in the country for total yards.

he is no andrew luck(he's actually ranked 6 spots ahead of him).

we are #17 in the country in total offense. our problem is in the redzone. coaches are too conservative. they don't want to take risks and they settle for field goals.

• Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

Ok, so it appeared that the play that B.J. got injured on was the typical zone read, when he went towards the sideline, 2-3 yards behind the line of scrimmage, and got hurt when about 3 defenders or so tackled him.

From what I understand, the 3 criteria for an intentional grounding call is - you have to meet 2 of the 3:

1) throw doesn't make it past the line of scrimmage

2) ball is thrown away while QB is still in the pocket between the tackles

3) no receiver in the area

My question is: why couldn't BJ have just thrown it away when the defenders got up on him? He was outside the tackles when the play was dead and the line of scrimmage was just a few feet away:

a) we wouldn't have lost yardage

B) he probably wouldn't have gotten brought down like he did

c) any contact like he got probably would have resulted in a flag

d) most important - he probably wouldn't have gotten injured.

I just think he has to get rid of the ball in those situations - he's the freakin' QB - throw it away if it's not there.

BJ is a running back forced to play QB.His running the ball is pretty much the only way we stand a chance of winning

Wrong this whole team is a clown act created by our coaches.

If they just coached instead of trying to be Tony Dungy which they are not...this season may be different.

This whole staff needs to follow Snyder and grow some balls. He is the first coach to so any kind of passion this season and defense ate it up. As for the offense...well I love you, you love me Barney and Friends are still coaching them. We all see how that turned out last night.

Archived