• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Carlton Mitchell to Play

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

I'm really hoping he can help the Browns lack of deep passing threat. Too bad their o line is like swiss cheese and Colt McCoy has been inaccurate as hell.

It's football as usual though, USF is in their mid season slide and the Browns still look like turds.

Both are things I didn't predict going into the season. McCoy was accurate in college and did well last year. The OL had been a strength recently with Steinbach, Thomas, and Mack. The receiving corps has been sad. And the pressure on defense on the other side has been disappointing.

I still like McCoy long term, but I'm glad we have two first rounders this year. I keep pulling for Atlanta to tank. Hopefully Mitchell can help. I've always loved his talent and was happy when the Browns took him.

Nice to know there's another USF Brownie out there.

Sweet. I didn't know there was another either! You ever post on the browns board? the o line has been a major problem since steinbach has been our. Right side is just a revolving door.

I liked what mangini was building and didn't want shurmur. Freaking OC of the rams as a head coach. What a joke. Oh well, gotta support him now.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,204

Sweet. I didn't know there was another either! You ever post on the browns board? the o line has been a major problem since steinbach has been our. Right side is just a revolving door.

I liked what mangini was building and didn't want shurmur. Freaking OC of the rams as a head coach. What a joke. Oh well, gotta support him now.

I figured it was only a matter of time before Holmgren put his own stamp on the coaching staff. How they finished last year is what got Mangini the axe. With better management they could have won several more games. Early on, I blame on Holmgren because he brought in Delhomme, but the coaching staff calls the play. I still don't know why they had him out throwing to close out the first half against the Bucs instead of just running the ball. It gave the Bucs a short field and they got a TD, changing the entire game.

I agree that Steinbach's loss was a big blow. We haven't spent as much time developing the OL depth.

Thought there has been some progress. The run D is not as bad as it's been in the past (though still not great) and the pass defense has actually been good, keeping passing gains at about 172 yards per game. That's the best pass defense in the NFL right now on a ypg metric. Rush D is at #20, but for so long it sat at 30 or worse. I'm glad we finally decided to go back to the 4-3 and expect defensive improvement each year.

I just hope Colt looks Mitchell's way. It's going to take a lot to stay in the game with the Niners. But Hillis is back from whatever his "injuries" have been. I have been pretty pleased with Hardesty considering the issues on the OL. A healthy OL with an improved passing game would help Hardesty get his ypc number up. But he fights hard and can catch the ball too.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

We'll probably get NE at Pittsburgh, so I'll have to listen to this on the NFL audio stream.

in Tampa area, Dolphins at Giants on CBS at 1 & Saints at Rams on FOX at 1. Patriots at Steelers on CBS at 4

• Content Count:  879

I figured it was only a matter of time before Holmgren put his own stamp on the coaching staff. How they finished last year is what got Mangini the axe. With better management they could have won several more games. Early on, I blame on Holmgren because he brought in Delhomme, but the coaching staff calls the play. I still don't know why they had him out throwing to close out the first half against the Bucs instead of just running the ball. It gave the Bucs a short field and they got a TD, changing the entire game.

I agree that Steinbach's loss was a big blow. We haven't spent as much time developing the OL depth.

Thought there has been some progress. The run D is not as bad as it's been in the past (though still not great) and the pass defense has actually been good, keeping passing gains at about 172 yards per game. That's the best pass defense in the NFL right now on a ypg metric. Rush D is at #20, but for so long it sat at 30 or worse. I'm glad we finally decided to go back to the 4-3 and expect defensive improvement each year.

I just hope Colt looks Mitchell's way. It's going to take a lot to stay in the game with the Niners. But Hillis is back from whatever his "injuries" have been. I have been pretty pleased with Hardesty considering the issues on the OL. A healthy OL with an improved passing game would help Hardesty get his ypc number up. But he fights hard and can catch the ball too.

Let's make that three Browns fans. You can listen to the games on the radio online on WMMS. Listened to the snoozer last week. Just glad they pulled it out.

• Content Count:  1,204

Let's make that three Browns fans. You can listen to the games on the radio online on WMMS. Listened to the snoozer last week. Just glad they pulled it out.

I took one look at the score and was glad it wasn't on TV here. 6-3 games are never enjoyable to watch. Definitely expecting more fireworks this week, though I expect the Niners offense to do most of that. Wish it weren't so.

• Content Count:  99

I watched that terrible game from a stream. But I did have the dolphins broncos game on to watch how bad teblow throws the ball.

He's a good guy just has horrendous mechanics.

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

lets make it 4...im from canton.

• Content Count:  1,254

I'm still bitter about him leaving early. His stoke would have went up SO much.

• Content Count:  879

Archived